Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alternate Transference Suits

Nature5961

So the idea here is alternate versions of the transference suit that grant different benefits and drawbacks available from the next open world area to come out. Through the Quill representative, you are able to use standing to purchase blueprints for pieces of various alternate transference suits (Shield-bearer (name not final), Void Walker (name not final), Void Sprinter (name not final), Void Ranger (name not final), etc.) that have adjustments to the various void abilities with corresponding costs. Shield-bearer (name not final) deploys a shield of void energy when firing the void beam, reduces the cost of the void beam, and puts some energy cost on the void beam energy to maintain the shield. Void Walker (name not final) cuts the energy cost of void mode in half while slightly increasing the cost of void dashing. Void Sprinter (name not final) cuts the cost of void dashing in half at the cost of increasing the cost of void blast. Void Ranger (name not final) narrows the spread of void blast and extends its range at the cost of slightly increasing its cost.

Please submit any ideas to improve/balance this idea and please try to keep comments positive. I appreciate any other feedback that could benefit this idea and see it realized within the game. For those who will say that making operator cosmetics have abilities is stupid, I am not referring to cosmetics, I am instead referring to the base suit that is worn underneath the cosmetics and cannot currently be changed in any way except for color.

Edited by Nature5961

We sort of already have this, between alternate cosmetics and operator arcanes.

Besides, cosmetic linked stats, while always neat in theory, rarely works out well. Take chromatic blade or chroma himself- while damage changing relative to color SOUNDS great and makes sense, in practise it just ends up forcing players to pick the 'right' color, rather than the one they prefer.

When you are talking about cosmetics, you are missing what I am talking about. By transference suits, I am referring to the suits that are worn underneath the operator fashion, the one thing that is currently constant no matter what is put on. If you take off everything that can be equipped, you will be left with what I am referring to as transference suits.