Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A better look at the Orbiter

RealHeftyTrout

The Tenno's Orbiter is absolutely HUGE, kinda hard to fathom how extraordinarily large it truly is.  But we never actually see it.  We get an incredibly small look at it in the interiors, and we pretty much have no glimpse on its exterior.  I'd love for there to be more depth to it since it's practically the Tenno's home. [img/]Related imageThe frontal part is all we see of the interior and majority of it is just the chasm in the focus room.  I know the large end part are the thrusters/engine,  but that entire center part has remained unseen. Maybe some extra rooms or hallways would be great.

This is the only time we can see the exterior game  [img/]Image result for warframe orbiter

I'm not asking for a full 3D model of the exterior, that'd be tough on the artists and demanding on lower end PCs, but something similar to when we load into missions we get a quick scene of the landing craft flying towards the planet/enemy ship or whatever, where we get a small scene of the landing craft flying towards the orbiter when we finish a mission.  The Orbiter could simply be a 2D made image just like in the picture above but to a larger scale.  This isn't something all too large or serious but it's just something nice to have. (I know about the unused animation of the Liset going into the Orbiter, but I doubt that would work since it seems that only the Liset fits in.

Edited by RealHeftyTrout

The concept art and related flat images put in relay skyboxes where outdated months later when they decided to introduce different landers in wildly different shapes. And any old ideas they may have had like personal clan rooms.

The external concept of the orbiter may already have new designs in the works to better differentiate the uses and abilities of Railjack cruisers and our 'mother'ship. Specially when the plan is we could supposedly use the railjacks as the default ship with all the subsystems like arsenal and modding down stairs.

3 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

The concept art and related flat images put in relay skyboxes where outdated months later when they decided to introduce different landers in wildly different shapes. And any old ideas they may have had like personal clan rooms.

The external concept of the orbiter may already have new designs in the works to better differentiate the uses and abilities of Railjack cruisers and our 'mother'ship. Specially when the plan is we could supposedly use the railjacks as the default ship with all the subsystems like arsenal and modding down stairs.

I believe I even saw a quote from Steve on Twitter which said this very thing - "Railjacks," which likely won't be their name on release given the timidity of how they talk about that name, will either replace or be a secondary home for the Tenno beyond the Orbiter.

The concept artist sean bigham who has done many weapons and vehicles for WF including the current orbiter had this one.

warframe__unreleased_liset_by_sbigham_dc

Its conceptualized as another lander, but it could easily be reappropriated as the next Orbiter as size is ambiguous with no defined cockpit or bays. The styles are similar and more cohesive, parts like the engines look like they could be upgraded like railjacks even if they cant.

https://i.imgur.com/mFDw38c.jpg

Edited by Firetempest