Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Phage][XBox Controller] Force Feedback Bug

withinmyself

This was already posted in Fortuna Bugs but as the weapon has nothing to do with Fortuna I thought I would re-post because it's a pretty serious issue.

When using the Phage in any level at any time, it turns the XBox One controller vibration feedback into overdrive and won't stop.  I seriously thought it might damage my controller so I've stopped using the weapon.  Haven't even maxed it yet.

Thanks in advance!  I know it'll get sorted eventually! 

• 1 month later...

Lame though it may be theres no reason to stop using the phage if you like it, simply go into the options and turn off vibration.  I have the same problem you can halt it by going in and out of options but it will re occur once you use it again so turning off vibe is the only way.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-01-05 at 10:21 AM, BladedSeraph said:

Lame though it may be theres no reason to stop using the phage if you like it, simply go into the options and turn off vibration.  I have the same problem you can halt it by going in and out of options but it will re occur once you use it again so turning off vibe is the only way.

That's good and all but what I'm really concerned about is other players coming across this for the first time.  

Games have a built in 'limiter' for force feedback that limits the vibration function from operating at full capacity.  You rarely see a game allow force feedback to 'max out'.  If it does, it's very brief for a very specific purpose.  Allowing a controller to perform at these levels for an extended period of time can and will damage the controller. 

From the players perspective, I don't want them to have to go through this.  And from DE's perspective I wouldn't want them to be held liable for damaging hardware. 

This is why I think this is a larger issues than just the annoyance of changing an option every time I want to use this weapon.