Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggesting to buff some old and new weapons

(PSN)Kelek001

I know this has been likely discussed all the time, but I wanted to chime in.

Since Zaws and the more recent Kitguns it is more obvious then ever that many melee and secondary weapons are just lagging behind more and more.

I propose a overall buff to many weapons such as say Dakra Prime, Fang Prime, Vasto Prime, and etc. 

The buffs don't need to be insane, but more comparable to the current level of weapon power that has been brought out. 

With Kitguns having capabilities to get easily near or above 100% crit with decent or good status, damage, crit damage, and so on I think it's time for a little bump for many classic and some newer secondaries and same for melee when compared to Zaws.

Zaws and Kitguns can still be #1 in most cases. I'm fine with that and enjoy them. I just want some more power added to fashion Frame I guess you could say to an extent.

An example of a buff for the Vasto Prime and in turn the recent AkVasto Prime would be increasing crit chance and Status to 26% from current 22%, increase crit damage to 2.6 from 2.4, very slight recoil reduction, and to be more greedy give alt-fire similar to Pandero...

A more logical buff for a melee weapon for Dakra Prime is make it better or at minimum as good when compared to Broken War which you get for free via games story. Dual Daggers in general like the Fang Prime just need a buff statistically as they are all just so bad...

Those are my thoughts and I know many will disagree or even say many weapons should be nerf than say buffing others which I personally disagree with. Also to give more context on my reason and view is I look at weapons without Rivens coming into the equation as I believe Rivens in general was and is a bad idea. Not a fan of gambling for the desired stats and then on a whim those can be buffed or nerf depending on popularity. Just to be extra clear when I say gambling I'm talking about how Rivens share much of what constitutes gambling games and the extra financial part of extra Riven slots being tied to Platinum purchase on top of it. I will say it's not outrageous or exploitative like anything EA or other game companies have done or been doing, but I still am against it and only use Rivens to trade since Rivens being brought out have dominated a lot of trading in acquiring good Platinum.

Just wanted to point out that the melee weapons are all receiving stat buffs/rebalancing across the board with the melee 3.0 rework coming next year.

As for the suggested gun buffs, Zaws and Kitguns are supposed to be strong, to make it worth the effort it takes to assemble and gild them. Buffing other guns to be comparable would be needless power creep, especially when guns like Vasto Prime are still viable for high levels thanks to the earlier ranged weapon stat rebalance update. 

Finally unlike Pandero, Vasto doesn’t seem to have a hammer to support fanning so practically I don’t see how shooting it in such manner would be possible. 😛

21 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Why is this getting laugh reacts?

Because they buffed a lot of weapons and nerfed one or two in a single patch and called it a day. They only reworked beam weapons, changed akjagara and maybe something else, I don't remember. The problem here is that DE is not some genius developer that can achieve good balance in one patch, they should've continued to try to balance the weapons better. Instead we still have the untouched stug, scourge with only 100 spare ammo and some other funny things. So, while I enjoyed the buffing, I also realise that almost all these weapons will probably remain in this state for years, while they'll continue to release even more and more powerful weapons. Warframe is a game that doesn't need perfect weapon balance and it is probably impossible to do that with 300+ weapons, but I certainly would prefer if they put more effort in it instead of more game modes and open areas.

19 hours ago, vector77 said:

Because they buffed a lot of weapons and nerfed one or two in a single patch and called it a day. They only reworked beam weapons, changed akjagara and maybe something else, I don't remember. The problem here is that DE is not some genius developer that can achieve good balance in one patch, they should've continued to try to balance the weapons better. Instead we still have the untouched stug, scourge with only 100 spare ammo and some other funny things. So, while I enjoyed the buffing, I also realise that almost all these weapons will probably remain in this state for years, while they'll continue to release even more and more powerful weapons. Warframe is a game that doesn't need perfect weapon balance and it is probably impossible to do that with 300+ weapons, but I certainly would prefer if they put more effort in it instead of more game modes and open areas.

They normalized the damage, critical chance, and status chance of the vast majority of guns to fit neatly into tiers based upon the Mastery Rank that is required to wield them. That means that they had to sit down and crunch numbers and decide what they wanted their benchmarks to be, and then they had to apply that standard to every gun in the game. That alone is an absurd amount of work.

As if that wasn't enough, they also had to decide how to handle the numerous weapons which were end game viable despite being accessible to low Mastery Rank players, like the Atterax, and the trash tier weapons which had baffling Mastery Rank requirements like the Embolist.

They also had to worry about tons of potential oversights and things that are extremely hard to evaluate with a spreadsheet and simple number tweaking such as shotgun status or explosive weapons tendency to score free headshots.

There's also a number of bugs that they fixed like the Miter's charged shot having an extremely narrow hitbox compared to its uncharged shot.

And that's not even getting into making sure that they didn't accidentally type a 100 when they meant to put a 10...for multiple stat values on dozens of weapons.

It wasn't a perfect balance update and there were some weapons, such as the Stug, that were unfortunately forgotten. But you also don't need to undersell the immense amount of work they did or treat it like it was a shoddy update. It's one of the best things that DE has ever done.

1 hour ago, YagoXiten said:

It's one of the best things that DE has ever done.

Yes, that's why I wanted a follow up, ideally they could tinker with balance in each major update. I feel that a lot of problems warframe has are connected to it being always online and free-to-play, they just feel the need to push new content instead of properly polishing the existing one. Because of that waframe became too massive, too many systems, too many modes, too many weapons, too many mods; they release something new, patch it in the next few patches and forget about it. Of course it all piles up and they need to do titanic job to clear all this mess they've created. Maybe instead of tinkering with damage/cc/status numbers they could've better balanced weapons by changing how armor works or damage resistances, I dunno.