Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea - Co-Op "second Wind"...

magusat999

If anyone has played Borderlands you know what Second Wind is. Like when you get knocked down and are about to die in Warframe, you can use your small arm to kill things around you until the death comes - but it serves no purpose in Warframe. In Borderlands, the reason you are shooting is if you kill something you get a "Second Wind" and are revived with a minimal amount of health. I think a variant of that can be utilized in Warframe - the difference being the amount of health returned will be based on a split percentage of the people left alive in your party.

The reason for split percentage is to create a need for all members in the party. If your team knows that your death means they only receive 3/4 health return (already 100% will be less than full health) in the event that one of the remaining members die subsequently, they will be more likely to revive you rather than just letting you die and moving on. Makes all members important in some way, and another incentive to act as a team.

It works like this, a Toxic Ancient smacks on on the back while you aren't looking, knocking you down in a cloudy haze of poison gas and severe back-ache. You fall to the floor, and the death sequence starts. Fortunately the sucker-puncher is right in your cross-hairs so you fillet him about a thousand times with your Despair. He's all shocked because he thought you were dead - and dies, cursing the Devs for writing in that code without informing him.  You get a "Second Chance" (we can't say "Second Wind" for legal reasons) and pop up with 100 health points. If you have 3 out of 4 (say one died) team mates you get 75 health points, if 2 died and didn't revive you get 50 health points, if its only you left you get 25 health points. If you are solo playing you get the full 100 health points when you "Second Chance". The percentage depends on original the size of your party, and is affected by deaths - but not disconnects.

What do you all think of that?

Wouldn't work in Warframe, it'd be insta revive.

Now, back when Dual Heat Swords were one of the best weapons and glaive just came out? Yes, we could do it.

But there are too many nuker weapons that just 1 shot everything, its basically "Fall down 1/2 second, get back up"

Wouldn't work in Warframe, it'd be insta revive.

Now, back when Dual Heat Swords were one of the best weapons and glaive just came out? Yes, we could do it.

But there are too many nuker weapons that just 1 shot everything, its basically "Fall down 1/2 second, get back up"

Pretty much this. Also, why even die in the first place?

Pretty much this. Also, why even die in the first place?

Well, I'm not thinking of a specific level of player - I'm thinking of all players. Warframe, and by extension any game is composed of all levels of players - beginners die, people who are ranking up frames die, some people choose not to revive for one reason or another - you might even be an "elite" player and chose the wrong Warframe for the mission. And any player can die in higher level missions, no matter how buffed up your Warframe is. I'm thinking about the whole player base, not just elites who can't figure out why someone would die, and have forgotten how it was when they started playing (we were all n00bs at one time).

Secondly, if you so happen to have a weapon that can "nuke" an enemy in you secondary weapon slot - then for you that's good. Not everybody does. This isn't about making the game harder, its about giving the death path some sense and also promoting teamwork. You could look at it as actually making more pressure in the game - to work as a squad. If you like harsh conditions, how about that?

Well, I'm not thinking of a specific level of player - I'm thinking of all players. Warframe, and by extension any game is composed of all levels of players - beginners die, people who are ranking up frames die, some people choose not to revive for one reason or another - you might even be an "elite" player and chose the wrong Warframe for the mission. And any player can die in higher level missions, no matter how buffed up your Warframe is. I'm thinking about the whole player base, not just elites who can't figure out why someone would die, and have forgotten how it was when they started playing (we were all n00bs at one time).

Secondly, if you so happen to have a weapon that can "nuke" an enemy in you secondary weapon slot - then for you that's good. Not everybody does. This isn't about making the game harder, its about giving the death path some sense and also promoting teamwork. You could look at it as actually making more pressure in the game - to work as a squad. If you like harsh conditions, how about that?

I really think this game is easy enough already, you are not even forced to coop in most missions, if you play with a bit of caution, even as a complete newb, you can easily survive, as long as you are not playing phobos with an unmodded excalibur and stuff. Also, we have 4 free revives a day, do you want even more?

Edited by Genoscythe