Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hover Jump Feels Horrible

DeltaPangaea

So just built Zephyr Prime, revisiting the birdframe for the first time since her rework, and...

Good lord, being locked in one place after a hover jump feels awful. Even worse is that you can still move during your ascent, but upon reaching your apex, suddenly NO. MOVEMENT IS FORBODEN. Would it be that horrible to let Zephyr drift around during this? Why was it even decided that she needs to get stuck in place reaching her apex anyway? Was being able to not lose altitude and keep moving too strong? You wouldn't even be able to go that fast, since you'd only have aerial acceleration due to the charge requiring you to come to a dead stop.

Why? I don't get it. I know most charge abilities suck the proverbial, but this is even worse.

8 hours ago, TinFoilMkIV said:

I agree. It's a very awkward ability that I feel has very little place in warframe. The mobility restriction is too harsh and the advantage it offers is nowhere near worth the trade off.

Pretty much. Mobility is a critical part of Warframe's gameplay, and this just... locks you in place. Not even for some kind of defensive ability, or something big and damaging like Soundquake, just so you can sit in one place midair.