Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's talk Nova

MadameAnti-Matter

Greetings and Salutations!

If you've stumbled onto this topic, then you're at the very least somewhat interested in the topic about the Nova Warframe. And I'd first like to start off by saying; Welcome! And that I hope you take the following statements into consideration when you think about our Volatile Vixen.

So with that out of the way, Let's talk Nova.

Nova is considered to be a wildly unpredictable yet fragile Warframe, with a low shield capacity, fair amount of health and lacking in defensive abilities. This basically means that she can't take as many hits as other Warframes. In exchange however, she features extremely powerful offensive abilities which lay waste to even the hardiest of foes. Though if you're here, you already know all that.

The point is, Nova has the potential to be an extremely powerful addition to just about any group of Tenno.

But after some time experimenting and viewing how others perceive the frame and her abilities. I felt like I needed to share my own opinions and maybe offer some possible changes to make Nova just a little bit more consistent in her way to oblterate the enemy.

(Please note that these suggestions are based on wide-spread opinions including my own, if you have any feedback to them, please try to take it with a pinch of salt. Though feel free to contribute your own thoughts.)

• Null Star

Being the first ability that Nova has access to, it's naturally not going to clear rooms. However, Null Star's overall effectiveness outside of low level missions shows quite badly. While it also grants the player a 5% Damage Reduction for each anti-matter particle active (Which is pretty useful on a Warframe with limited survivability), this factor tends to be hard to maintain with how Null Star fires the particles towards the nearest enemy.

So there's a bit of a problem with this ability in its current state. From what I've gathered, we should look towards:

1. Making Null Star's damage more consistent at higher levels.
  2. Perhaps allowing the player to select an enemy by "marking" them, which causes the particles to attack that enemy, rather than it being automatic towards the nearest enemy.
  3. Re-evaluating Neutron Star to provide a more effective augmentation to the Ability.

• Antimatter Drop

Nova's second ability. Unlike the previous ability, there's nothing inherently wrong with it, besides from Status and Crit weapons not having as much of an effect on it than Raw Damage weapons. Which may cause a little trouble for those who fancy a different set of guns. The sheer amount of damage that it can output is quite impressive.

While it's not specifically necessary, making the PVP Augment "Antimatter Mine" usable in PVE would offer a more Defensive style of play, while having its effects ameliorated by Range and Duration mods.

• Wormhole

Wormhole is strange. Much like with Antimatter Drop, there's nothing inherently wrong with it. From my own personal experience, the only issues I've acknowledged is when the Ability Range is reduced, which in turn reduces the effective range of the Wormholes? This ties in with the issues from Null Star, so you could kill two Condrocs with one Ogris.

• Molecular Prime

Molecular Prime. Nova's fourth and final ability. If you've ever had a Nova in a Squadron, chances are you know how useful it can be. Which isn't a bad thing in any way. Though the problem is that it tends to be more favourable in more situations than her first two abilities.

Really, I'd like to hear your opinions on how to adjust Molecular Prime. How would you make it more balanced in terms of her abilities?

• Explosive Counter

Ah yes. Nova's passive ability. I've got to be honest here, I don't really like it. Not because it's not useful, but because it doesn't register 90% of the time. Not to mention if you have mods that allow you to resist Knockdown (Power Drift, Fortitude, Sure Footed and Primed Sure Footed) It essentially makes the passive useless.

Taking this into consideration, what would you consider to be a viable change to her Passive? Or would you keep it the same?

Well, either way. I'd love to hear your suggestions about what we've covered!

Edited by AdmiralAnti-Matter3

I doubt Nova would get any changes since she's already one the very best frames.

And honestly the only thing I realistically would like to be changed — I want Neutron Star augment to block auto-detonation, so that the only way to detonate Null Stars would be to press 1 again. That's basically it.

Make Antimatter Drop fire-and-forget and replace Wormhole entirely.

The other powers are largely fine. I would add a further aspect to Null Star and make it so that damage mitigated by the ability adds to the damage of the Stars. Makes sense thematically and mechanically.

Edited by KokoroWish