Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uranus exterminate sorties need fixing

CircleTheSkies

Uranus is perhaps not some people's favorite tileset, admittedly , but I feel that the two times there's been an exterminate sortie (like today) there that I recall it's been... nightmarish.

As in "15-20 minutes and MAYBE you complete it, or maybe you just quit in frustration".

The problem, as I see it, is a mixture of the following:

1. Really high kill counts to complete the mission.

2. Insufficient "spawning ground" in the level to complete #1 before you reach the exit.

3. A lengthy underwater section between the start and the exit.  Possibly even *including* the exit.  I'm talking confusing-to-navigate, two-or-more-minutes-of-nothing-but-travel-minimum lengthy.

4. Really poor waypointing underwater.

Which means, of course, that you get about half-way (or less) through the kill count, then hit the ending water section... travel to the exit... and no enemies left.  So you have to travel *back* through the water section, with probably about half of you wandering around lost, to get back to dry land where you'll then hope to God that the Grineer will start spawning again.  Then a third time through the water section, this time hopefully not getting lost, to get to the exit.  The underwater travel has no enemies (other than mines) and boosting is no good for speeding up.  And did I mention it's lengthy?

This is not fun.  This is very not fun.  First time this evening, probably about 15 minutes before we all just aborted the mission.  Second time my group was fortunate enough to get the water passage flipped around and there was a bit of dry land after - just enough (with a door) that we could stand on the exit, wait a while and another pack of 22 (I counted) spawned in in the other room.  Then we kill them, go back and repeat.  About 5-6 times, because we needed that many waves to finish the kill count.  Total time for an exterminate run on 329 enemies, 19m14s.

Please, DE, could you fix this combination of mission type and tileset?  It's just frustrating.  And not in a "this is a challenge, a struggle to overcome" way.

Second this. I encountered this issue several times and not just in sorties. Worse one was when i had a syndicate mission and took my time finding all medallions only to find out that I almost could not complete the mission. Found this secret area that was glitchy that allowed enemies to keep spawning every time you enter and exit the area. Only way i could have finished that mission without losing it all.

Edited by ShinTechG

44 minutes ago, CircleTheSkies said:

3. A lengthy underwater section between the start and the exit.  Possibly even *including* the exit.  I'm talking confusing-to-navigate, two-or-more-minutes-of-nothing-but-travel-minimum lengthy.

It's procedurally generated as with the rest of the game, minus open world. You're going to have that in there because it's the same mission as any Sealab Exterminate, just higher level.

46 minutes ago, CircleTheSkies said:

As in "15-20 minutes and MAYBE you complete it, or maybe you just quit in frustration". 

The problem, as I see it, is a mixture of the following:

1. Really high kill counts to complete the mission.

This, actually happens in a lot more than just Sealab Exterminate. That is something they need to work on to fix up a little bit for the much higher exterminate count.

A high kill count isn't actually (usually) that much of a concern - alright, more to kill, not too much of an issue very often.  It's only when paired with the nature of the tileset that it seems to regularly cause the situation of following the string of enemies to the exit... ending up with being at the exit and with plenty left to kill.

And it's only with this tileset (more specifically, a specific tile in the set - the one with the very long underwater segment) that going back to a spot where enemies might spawn takes a long time in travel.

Killing a bit north of 300 sortie-level enemies would typically take a team... what, 8 minutes?  Less if you've got an aggressive team?  Subtract that away and you've got an extra 10 minutes of travel time.

Edited by CircleTheSkies