Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Do Not Lower The Exp To The Point Of A Grind

LtZefar

Ok, I've noticed that the EXP have gone down TWICE. One time was after the EXP event and now once again.

I killed about 250 enemies with my shotgun and got around 19k EXP for it on a level 23 mission. I used to get 20k on Lua which is like level 10-13.

Why do you feel the need to lower the EXP? 

It won't help your game and it will only make it feel like a bigger grind. We got enough weapons to level and I'm not done with all the weapons even if I have 430 hours on the game. I'm also trying to level up weapons because otherwise it feels pointless to do a map.

But when you guys keep lowering the EXP it gives me less reason to even play the game. Because why should I bother with a Forma now when it starts to take so long to level up?

Why should I bother with a bad weapon for rank EXP when it gives me nothing?

Bump up the EXP to their older values when they actually rewarded you for killing a lot of enemies. I was even on two Level 72 Alert Mobile Defense missions and I would expect like 50k on both. After all the monsters where about 7 times higher level than those on Lua.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/613902883927498311/96743BDAB6F71766818562DAD470B42102E51AC5/

That's what I got on one of the level 70+ mission. 26k on Warframe when everyone around me was killing stuff. 23k on Weapon even if I only used that weapon. My own EXP was like 7k on that mission. On a LEVEL 70+ MISSION FFS.

There is no need for this game to have low EXP to the point of a Korean MMORPG because it is not FUN and it will never be fun. It was fine the way it was before.

I addressed this directly to Rebecca as soon as I entered the Council (about 2 or 3 months ago). She replied that she asked Steve about it and that she doesn't understand why Exp scales so poorly. I haven't noticed any decreases in exp, though. It has always been grindtastic (makes me think your "430 hours" comment is bull if you haven't realized that by now...)

Edited by Khaos_Zand3r

To be honest, if I can get a good team on a lvl 40 mobile defense (Kiste or Cyath), I can get more exp than that. I think your teammates just sucked.

I've put in ~400 hours too, and like Khaos I haven't noticed any exp decreases either. If anything, they've increased after they added more enemies into mobile defenses.

i also have the feeling they lowered the XP once maybe a month ago, but i also have the feeling weapons level slower now. Maybe it's just me after 300 hours of XP farming. I did the math and it takes me about 5 hours of farm to forma a weapon once. 25 hours to full forma 1 single weapon ( ofc this depends on your playstyle ). Right now i have 6 formaed weapons... Damn i farmed so much.

Neverthless, there should be ways for XP boosters. Maybe turn those white orbs into something that scales XP gain by PCT for the whole match, that should make the hunt fun. Right now 100 xp / orb is like ...meh.

Edited by Tudi69

It won't help your game and it will only make it feel like a bigger grind.

There is no need for this game to have low EXP to the point of a Korean MMORPG because it is not FUN and it will never be fun. It was fine the way it was before.

I also feel the same

Holy crap... Are you guys serious? I got a Excalibur prime to 30 in less than 6 hours with the affinity boost. Only 2 hours was spent on xini. You guys don't know how to level. Now you could argue that I used an affinity booster, but it's still a decent rate on Xini and Tier 3 void missions (besides defenses).

Edited by Mikovsky

I addressed this directly to Rebecca as soon as I entered the Council (about 2 or 3 months ago). She replied that she asked Steve about it and that she doesn't understand why Exp scales so poorly. I haven't noticed any decreases in exp, though. It has always been grindtastic (makes me think your "430 hours" comment is bull if you haven't realized that by now...)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Zefar/ Check my gameplay time. I like this game a lot. It's on 436 Hours right now.

Holy crap... Are you guys serious? I got a Excalibur prime to 30 in less than 6 hours with the affinity boost. Only 2 hours was spent on xini. You guys don't know how to level. Now you could argue that I used an affinity booster, but it's still a decent rate on Xini and Tier 3 void missions (besides defenses).

I don't play that many T3 void missions but a level 70+ Mobile Defense should generate about the same EXP or far more due to the amount of monsters.

Using Double EXP actually helps A LOT. Xini might be a better place to farm EXP but I don't like Defense maps like that. Mobile Defense are the ones I enjoy the most.

Neverthless, there should be ways for XP boosters. Maybe turn those white orbs into something that scales XP gain by PCT for the whole match, that should make the hunt fun. Right now 100 xp / orb is like ...meh.

Those orbs ceases to useful the moment your weapon goes past level 1. Then they give almost nothing.

Higher-level Missions should give good XP, but then look on the flipside:

We have two Scenarios here:

1). Higher Missions give significantly better XP.

What happens here, is that they'd have to balance weapons so that you could only get Rank 15+ in higher level areas, because if they didn't, then people would go to Xini and have a Rank 30 weapon in one run otherwise. But then, newbies with no potatoes are stuck in Earth without being able to get past 15 or so, because the amounts of XP needed would be simply atrocious to balance higher levels giving more XP. Then you have Newbies having to work with a measly 15 mod points (which doesn't go far when nearly every useful mod takes 4-6 at rank 0).

2). We keep it the same as-is.

With this method, newbies can get their stuff to 30 with enough grinding even on Mercury so that their non-potato'd weapons can still be modded with the meager mods they have. High-level players, however, won't go to Xini, Cyath, etc and get Lv30s in one run either.

Win-Win for both, even if it seems kinda stupid that the best XP/hr lies in Eurasia or Lua.

Edited by Xylia

EXP was never reduced, at least not since U9. it could be easily known from datamining. of course there are various factors affect too much exp u could get, but this is another story.

Maybe they didn't feel like telling people they are lowering the EXP because it might leave such a bad mark on the game. There are a ton of weapons to level up in this game so earning EXP in a reasonable amount isn't all that bad for the game.

I have only done three clan weapons so far.

A level 70 mission should at lowest reward twice as much as a low level mission. Because you need Gears and skills to deal with those. 

It feels like a punishment to level up low level weapons on high level missions. It just doesn't feel like it's worth it.

Sounds more like a perceptual, rather than real problem.

No, it is a real problem. A high level mission on mobile defense should just not yield like 25k when you're slaughtering the whole army as a group.

We don't need more grind in this game. Why are some of you trying to defend the grind aspect of Warframe? What good could you get out of it?

Do you want to feel elitist by knowing that it'll take people far far longer to get stuff? Do you love to slowly grind up a weapon inch by inch per mission?

But thats not what you said, you said "Please don't lower the exp to the point of a grind".

When this entire game is nothing but grinding ontop of grinding. 

Plus exp rates are still the same.

The EXP rates can not be the same when you get so little on the higher level missions. I've played Mobile defense before on higher level missions and I was up in 30k to 40k on Warframe at the end of the round.

I've seen the EXP been reduced twice and they will reduce it more and more until people really starts to notice and then they might buff it up a bit. Because they want players to buy those EXP items and they want players to play for as long as possible.

Edited by LtZefar

Maybe they didn't feel like telling people they are lowering the EXP because it might leave such a bad mark on the game. There are a ton of weapons to level up in this game so earning EXP in a reasonable amount isn't all that bad for the game.

I have only done three clan weapons so far.

A level 70 mission should at lowest reward twice as much as a low level mission. Because you need Gears and skills to deal with those. 

It feels like a punishment to level up low level weapons on high level missions. It just doesn't feel like it's worth it.

even they dont want to tell ppl it will still be showed in the game files, but it didnt. i never have problems leveling up weapons, and i enjoy what u called grinding.

There is no lowering. The other thing that you don't need to get higher that 15th level to farm effectively (15th is guaranteed heavy's appearance for grineer).

Well, it takes some scratching of my head. Why am even going higher? Bosses, yeah, resources a bit (Still, europe to CM and what else? I guess nothing) and ripping defence t3 rewards for fast void keys.

Challenge? Pffft.

There is no guaranteed amount of XP gain per mission. It all depends on how many you kill. Enemy type generation is for all intents and purposes random. Just because you ran the same mission doesn't mean that you'll get the same amount every time.

There is no lowering. The other thing that you don't need to get higher that 15th level to farm effectively (15th is guaranteed heavy's appearance for grineer).

Well, it takes some scratching of my head. Why am even going higher? Bosses, yeah, resources a bit (Still, europe to CM and what else? I guess nothing) and ripping defence t3 rewards for fast void keys.

Challenge? Pffft.

How do you know there is no lowering of it? I get crap EXP on a level 70 Mobile Defense maps where as before I got far far higher. Something either changed or bugged the EXP values. This needs to be looked up.

Do you even know how exp is earned in this game? What its based off of?

I do, what's your point? Why are you also so eager to defend something that is bad?

Because if they artificially stretch out the meager content they have now, they won't have to add as much more later.  It's why crap RNG and now this are so prevalent in this game.  Hope you like mindless easy mode brain dead grinding. (DE is secretly a Korean company)

How do you know there is no lowering of it? I get crap EXP on a level 70 Mobile Defense maps where as before I got far far higher. Something either changed or bugged the EXP values. This needs to be looked up.

I counted every frag and XP values, compared them with old ones. Nothing is changed aside from two things:

1)adding limit to XP-sharing radius (Simply lowering it? I dunno).

2)Smart share (XP gained by teammates shares in even proportions between all your stuff, not 100% of their xp to everything like sometime before. I guess it's only fair and, actually, a fix).

Base XP values are the same for everyone. It's not a lowering xp bars, it's alterating the distribution.

The EXP rates can not be the same when you get so little on the higher level missions. I've played Mobile defense before on higher level missions and I was up in 30k to 40k on Warframe at the end of the round.

I've seen the EXP been reduced twice and they will reduce it more and more until people really starts to notice and then they might buff it up a bit. Because they want players to buy those EXP items and they want players to play for as long as possible.

If anything, it would be mob rates that have been reduced. Experience mechanics and enemy experience and scaling has not changed for many updates.

2)Smart share (XP gained by teammates shares in even proportions between all your stuff, not 100% of their xp to everything like sometime before. I guess it's only fair and, actually, a fix).

I'm not sure it had ever been this way. While this was what was written on the wiki, unfortunately, much of what was previously on the wiki was straight up wrong. Even now there have been people changing the current Experience Mechanics page, claiming experience is still shared like that (e.g. ally kills with pistol give you pistol exp).

Edited by CitizenV

Exp rate is constant and haven't been changed. The formula is:

(current_level)^0.5 * 0.1 * base_exp + base_exp

So the 23 lvl elite lancer should give you = 23^0.5*0.1*50+50 = 74 and 18500 exp if you've killed 250 elite lancers.

while the same elite lancer but of 20th lvl will give you = 20^0.5*0.1*50+50 = 72 exp and 18000 exp.

The difference if barely noticeable

Edited by MECT0HET

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Zefar/ Check my gameplay time. I like this game a lot. It's on 436 Hours right now.

Steam counts the time for the launcher being opened. It's different from ACTUAL gameplay time. Steam records myself as having played for 754 hours but ingame in my profile section, it's at ~342 hours. Should actually be about 48 hours more but they had that stats server crash awhile ago where we lost like 2 days worth of stats.

Edited by Deathjamm