Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player - Mod Help Please

(NSW)Speedstinger

Question

Hi! I recently got the game on switch and i'm addicted. I've put 50 hours into it so far, and I've loved every second. However, after my playtime I still have no idea how mods work. I've been using the autofill mods for the whole game, and i've looked up specific mod builds for things to help me, but all of them are mods that I don't currently have or know how to obtain. I also rarely ever fuse or transmute my mods, which may be a contributing factor? I don't know which mods to use in transmuting, so oftentimes I just end up wasting more powerful basic mods for a suckish mod. 

I also feel like i'm falling behind in difficulty level. For basically the entirety of the game i've been using my twitch prime weapons and maining my excaliber (I freaking love exalted blade) and now that i'm on neptune the level nodes are getting difficult to complete. I think learning about mods and building a specialized set will help me with that, but i'm looking to the veterans for some insight into how to do that. 

Any help at all would be appreciated, thanks for reading, have a good night!

2 answers to this question

Modding a Warframe basics: health and shield, efficiency, duration, range, strength, energy capacity 

Modding a primary/secondary: dmg mod, multishot (skip if you don’t have it but work on getting it), x2 elements to make corrosive (electric and toxin), Crit Chance/dmg according to the weapon used, fire rate/reload speed 

modding melee: dmg, attack speed, x2 elements for corrosive 

These are the basics and essentials for modding, there’s a lot more that can be done but you’ll get to know when you play more and get more experience 

Don’t do transmutation, it’s not worth it. Devolve excess mods and duplicates into endo, and lvl up your dmg mods since their priority