The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can locked corpus lockers get their red lights back?

Ashendal

With the most recent PC update the corpus lockers got a facelift. However this change made the locked lockers have no light which looks very similar to an "open" locker's green light at a glance. Can we get the red light back for a locked locker just like how they used to be, and how the Grineer lockers still are?

I was about to start a thread of my own on the subject. Yes, please! We need red lights back for locked Corpus lockers. We also need white lights for lockers which were originally locked but were unlocked by Master Thief or Scavenge. It's currently hard to tell a locked locker from a successfully unlocked locker from a failed-to-unlock locker. Not to mention the lack of colour change makes the act of opening lockers a lot less satisfying.

While we're at it, can I also ask for unlocked Corpus lockers to get their GREEN light back? While they do have a light, it's currently a sort of teal/cyan colour. Warframe in general tends to use a game-wide colour scheme to communicate mechanics. Green lockers, doors, consoles and such are open, yellow ones need to be opened, red ones are locked. By changing the colour of locker lights, this player communication is broken. The blue light also blends in with most Corpus tilesets, which are well-lit and generally bluish.

I like the new locker design, but they feel unfinished or bugged.

Yup. The inability to tell locked from unlocked from unvisited lockers now means that I have to slowly and methodically rub my face on all of them, mash the interact key and wait to see if anything takes. Used to be I'd do a quick run past them to see if Master Thief unlocked anything and grab whatever was available. This actually reminds me of a particular sync bug with Master Thief. If I'm not the host, then any red lockers my Master Thief mod opens are NOT marked with a white light so I similarly don't know if I opened them. Have to go mash keys at all of them just to make sure.

I really can't read these lockers at any kind of distance or while moving past, and even up-close it's no longer even an easy at-a-glance read.  Since the patch I've actually missed unlocked lockers I had stood right next to depending on the surrounding lighting conditions, and only noticed on a double-check.  This shouldn't be necessary.

Edited by Andvarja
clearer phrasing

Same as above, new locker's status is hard to distingush at distance, what little status marking light there is is drowned out in corpus ligting or invisible at angles, and the rusty orange ...thing... on the door looks just ugly and completely outside of established corpus esthetics. Please bring old lockers back, maybe with a facelift; they were sleek, simple, recognizeable at a glance, you could almost see them being mass-produced and stacked endlessly in a warehouse somwhere.

Come to think of it, I'd like to see generally more lighting to indicate locked status, preferably lighting against a dark background. Orokin lockers have the right kind of design - Large, brightly-lit shapes on a dark LCD background. Easy to spot across the room, easy to read both in terms of colour and shape. Can we at least make the area around the locker light dark so it doesn't blend into the light itself? Not bright gold, but outright black or grey?