Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting Sick Of Pay To Win Creaping Into The Game.

WNxSpectre

"Pay 2 Win", you understand it means that there is something you can ONLY buy, that is top tier gear, and better than everything else, and is in no way obtainable unless you pay real money for it. Warframe doesn't have this.

No it isn't, not unless the 'top tier gear' actually 'WINS' something. Pay TO WIN, not pay to get some random good item. Excalibur Prime is technically the top tier version of Excalibur, but the difference isn't great enough that you'd win rather than lose because of it.

Exactly the poor gamesmanship I'm talking about that is ruining this game.

I could buy everything as well as you can, and I already have spent money on cosmetics in game and storage, but there is no point to using my wallet to play the game itself.

Wallet warriors are pointless.    The point of a game is to earn your way through by achieving the goals, not buying them.

Errr, duh? Everyone has been saying it's not P2W, like you claim it is. Or are you trying to "Enlighten the community" in some stupid way?

No it isn't, not unless the 'top tier gear' actually 'WINS' something. Pay TO WIN, not pay to get some random good item. Excalibur Prime is technically the top tier version of Excalibur, but the difference isn't great enough that you'd win rather than lose because of it.

If you have the best gear in the game, which can only be bought, what CAN'T you win in game? Random missions? No problem there. A future PvP mode? Again, you got the best gear.

Buying the best gear = Pay 2 Win because then you can go out and faceroll the game.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

There is absolutely no continued reason for me to play a game that does not require one or even allow one to achieve the goals, but requires only a wallet to get them, and will not even let me earn them in game.

That's not a game at all.

Edited by WNxSpectre

This game is by no means, anywhere near pay 2 win. Pay 2 win means that there is high tier weapons that you can only get by paying for them, or have to get extermely lucky with an item drop that has like a 0.1% drop chance or something in order to craft.

Every single one of the high tier weapons in this game, you can NOT buy with plat/money. Those being the high end clan weapons and maybe some of the prime gear from void missions. 

Pay 2 win is when you can get a distinct advantage over others buy using money. Which you cannot do in this game.

There is absolutely no continued reason for me to play a game that does not require one or even allow one to achieve the goals, but requires only a wallet to get them, and will not even let me earn them in game.

That's not a game at all.

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jp

good trolling bro. now get back to work.

Edited by notionphil

So because you can't get the gold rimmed Excalibur you will quit? Rather much try to get your hands on a reactor and/or FORMA your original Excalibur, what's this for a goal? To be honest i don't even particularly like the looks of Prime stuff.

Just another testimony on why the game isn't P2W and only pay for convenience.

I bought the Hunter Founder's Pack and no additional platinum before or after. Any more plat I got was for free or courtesy of other players.

I have not once spent platinum on weapons, warframes, resources, void keys, or even helmets and skins. The only times I spend platinum on are slots, color pallettes, avatars, and sentinel accessories. Slots were the only practical convenience I bought, and they're pretty cheap, not to mention PERMANENT.

I don't have all the void weapons because I choose not to deal with the insane drop rate and I don't even think they are that much better from what I've seen and read. They just look cool and have a few extra nice things about them. I do however have all the Warframes, and a buttload of weapons, and almost all the helmets. Not to mention plenty of potatoes left. The only thing I would be limited gameplay-wise is the slots. I've earned everything for free, although I wouldn't be able to hold all my stuff that I gotten had I not pay for slots, which is a cheap convenience.

The game is pathetically easy after you exit the newbie stage of the Warframe life. Rhino is pretty newbie-friendly and can easily take you out of the phase, once you get all the materials to earn the Rhino that is. And Nova is ridiculous DPS-wise.

Admitted, the game needs to be easier in the beginning, but the game actually needs to be harder later on.

Edited by Xelorx

I could buy everything as well as you can, and I already have spent money on cosmetics in game and storage, but there is no point to using my wallet to play the game itself.

Wallet warriors are pointless.    The point of a game is to earn your way through by achieving the goals, not buying them.

cant help but feel like this is just a troll thread at this point.

anyways... ill bite a bit more just for fun.

lets get one thing straight (cause you singled me out). i have farmed for every frame and every wep i have (all of them save for lato prime). i payed what i did and got founder cause i like the game and felt like supporting DE. i do not "buy my way through the game".

if my kind is the sort that is killing the game (implying the game is dying), then we are truly in a bad sort.

i help bambies, i stay with the team, i have good clan and im fairly active on the forum.

if i am a perfect example of what is doing harm, then we had all best find something new to do, and fast.

please op, go away, no one will miss you.

/troll thread

Before you play games kid. Learn to read. Did your parents install the game for you or something?

Edited by GSGregory

Sure, tell DE how to run their game. Most probably they'll listen.

It's not like anyone is forcing you to play, right?

precisely why I stated there is no continued reason for me to play a game where your expected to use your wallet to gain your items, rather than earning them.

The slowly creeping in pay to win elements have ruined the game for me.

My sense of fair play will not let me play such a game.  There is no pride in having an item only due to my wallet, and not my game play.

There is no fairness in that.

precisely why I stated there is no continued reason for me to play a game where your expected to use your wallet to gain your items, rather than earning them.

The slowly creeping in pay to win elements have ruined the game for me.

My sense of fair play will not let me play such a game.  There is no pride in having an item only due to my wallet, and not my game play.

There is no fairness in that.

What items do you have? Do you even have cronus?

I think plat for slots is actually a good way for Warframe to get some revenue. You start out with 2 frame slots and 8 weapon slots (if i'm not mistaken), that's plenty, plus the free 50 plat, you could get more slots with that if you're wise. After that, if you fill those (maybe a month's time), i don't think it would be bad to pay 5 bucks to get 75 more plat and buy more slots AND support the game at the same time, that will get you to next month or even more. Add discount vouchers to that and there's really not many things that are walled off for a player with a low budget. Admittedly a player with ZERO budget will have some issues, but even then, he can try to profit from promotional codes (like the recent free 500 plat from PC gamer UK).

Bottom line is... The game is Free to Play, not Everything is Free.

Edited by NIL0S

Before this troll thread is closed, I'm curious to know what you mean by the "slow creep in pay to win elements"?

Caaaaause Founders packs have been a round for a while. Since that is the only thing mentioned so far, would you care to expound upon the other elements of pay to win that are creeping into Warframe?

>_<

What I use my plat on as a founder:

1) slots (since I plan to and have kept everything)

2) Catalysts (since i plan to put one in every weapon... eventually)

3) Forma (since I can. I could just go farm em from void... and i do too... but sometimes... the temptation is just too d@mn ... >_<)

4) Affinity booster (7 days because it was double affinity weekend)

5) Smoke colors (lol black)

Which frames I play the most...

1) Frost prime

2) Nova

3) Vauban

4) Loki

Weapons I use the most

1) Acrid

2) Torid

3) Flux Rifle

what's missing on my lists? the founder primes lol.

You know what would be P2W?

A Prime version of Acrid that ...

1) is only available for plat

2) has omni slots

3) has 2 extra slots

4) comes with a maxed mod set

5) has a amazing firing sound

too bad it doesn't exist and will never exist because this game is not p2w.

Come on. Even the helmets were given to the players because people cried P2W (and also because they have stats)

>_<

What I use my plat on as a founder:

1) slots (since I plan to and have kept everything)

2) Catalysts (since i plan to put one in every weapon... eventually)

3) Forma (since I can. I could just go farm em from void... and i do too... but sometimes... the temptation is just too d@mn ... >_<)

4) Affinity booster (7 days because it was double affinity weekend)

5) Smoke colors (lol black)

Which frames I play the most...

1) Frost prime

2) Nova

3) Vauban

4) Loki

Weapons I use the most

1) Acrid

2) Torid

3) Flux Rifle

what's missing on my lists? the founder primes lol.

You know what would be P2W?

A Prime version of Acrid that ...

1) is only available for plat

2) has omni slots

3) has 2 extra slots

4) comes with a maxed mod set

5) has a amazing firing sound

too bad it doesn't exist and will never exist because this game is not p2w.

Come on. Even the helmets were given to the players because people cried P2W (and also because they have stats)

Even then that Acrid Prime wouldn't make the game p2w, no matter the price. Because what you mentioned wasn't talking about the design of the model. Just sounded like a deal.

Why? Because this game isn't even that hard to warrant it yet.

Edited by Xelorx

There is no clear advantage in acquiring those extra weapons other than being able to say that your support Warframe.

Like previous posts say, no real stat advantage over their non-Prime counterparts. The game needs some supporters, those very small perks are all that you get for donating to Warframe.

Moreover, even the people who pay for platinum in fact only get a bit of time saving; they still have to submit to the extreme RNG present in the game.

I proud myself in playing Warframe because it is, by far, the less P2W F2P game I've played.

Take a look at the Nexon games, now THAT is P2W...

PS: With that said, I wouldn't mind helping you ingame if you need anything. If this is the first F2P game you've ever played, well, you're in luck that this here is the less P2W game you'll find in a while...

Edited by eKatSS