Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Profit-Taker Phase 1 Completion-Stopping Bug + Phase 2 Bug

shootaman777

Upon completing capture of the base, the game says 'DEFEND THE COMMS SYSTEM' as the mission objective, indefinitely, and does not progress.  I've already seen people commenting and making threads about this, but figured that, as a progression-halting bug, it would be worth making more threads about. 

It also turns out that the mission Little Duck sends the Tenno on, where they come out of Fortuna and are chilling (both metaphorically and literally, according to them) by the top of the elevator, doesn't count as Phase 2, even though it's exactly the same as Phase 2. 

Edited by shootaman777
Paragraph 2 and Title Edit

It's almost poetic, truly. 

unknown.png

After a successful completion, this happens.  Turns out Octavia is the problem with part 2 of Phase 1 not working, but even removing that from the equation, nothing will save anyone from the 'could not update account information' enemy.  That thing's OP, and needs a nerf /s. 

On 2018-12-19 at 12:49 PM, niyazh6 said:

I play octavia often..It looks like this bug has something to do with octavia. Whenever there is an octavia in the squad (host or client) stage 2 of phase 1 comes to an abrupt halt..gonna try without octavia

Can confirm. Same with me on my Octavia and whenever someone on the squad has one. The phase 1 mission gets stuck on stage 2.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys, I thought I share my experience with this issue.  There may be multiple bugs at play, but I am able to play Octavia on this mission with reliable success.

Bug #1: The start of stage 2, the datamass (or the guy who carries it) doesn't spawn.

This seems to be not related to Octavia.  However, this is a bug on the host.  If you are the host and experience this issue, you will need to restart your client and it should fix this issue (if you're the host again).  I have no observations on how this bug gets triggered in the first place, only that you will know you're bugged if when you arrive, no enemies "Beam in".

Bug #2: The transition fails at the end of stage 2 where the timer is up and "Kill remaining enemies" starts.

This seems also not necessarily related to Octavia, let me explain my observation.  I noticed I too use max range Octavia and am able to not cause this bug by making sure your mallet stops doing its thing by about the 20-30 second mark on the timer.  It is my guess that this bug is due to the constant pwnage of the Mallet and enemies in the general vicinity of the console (the thing you're protecting).  When it comes time for the transition to "Kill remaining enemies", there isn't anything nearby for the game to say "Go git'em".  So make sure there's a few enemies around the console when the timer goes up.  What I like to do is just poop my Resonator and let the enemies chase it until the timer counts down and the transition occurs.

Bug #3: The last transition from "Kill remaining enemies" X / Y becomes an endless where the number of kills possibly becomes infinite.

This one is similar to bug #2 in the sense that it can occur with Octavia and the Mallet.  This bug happens when more enemies arrive after the substage starts and Octavia's Mallet kills a bunch more, at the same time, than what is required.  Enemies keep coming and the number of enemies killed keeps increasing, the stage doesn't transition and you're stuck.  To prevent this, just don't use the Mallet after the 20 second mark to avoid bugs #2 and 3.  Don't use abilities that kills multiple mobs at the same time.  My guess is that the mission scripting is using the logical CurrentNumberOfEnemiesKilled == EnemyKillsRequired... should be >= EnemyKillsRequired.

This works for me, but I tend to play this mission solo so I don't have to worry about the host and wasting 2-3 minutes on the first bug or an overachieving Octavia bwapping all the enemies causing bug #2 and 3.

Anywho, good luck and happy grinding 😉

Edited by TennoClock
Added bug #3

On 2018-12-19 at 11:49 AM, niyazh6 said:

I play octavia often..It looks like this bug has something to do with octavia. Whenever there is an octavia in the squad (host or client) stage 2 of phase 1 comes to an abrupt halt..gonna try without octavia

Then is must apply to mirage also. Was helping out a friend with phase 1 and after 5 tries, I told I'm would start the mission and leave when we get to 2nd phase.

Everything worked fine when I left and host miragtion was done. *Mission success*

Also had him hosting, going alone etc.