Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buster Sword Themed Weapon

(XBOX)FOTUS Spectre

buster-sword-final-fantasy-3d-model-fbx.Hey I know people have asked about this before, but we really should approve of a buster sword themed weapon. And yes I'm talking about the Buster Sword of legend that every Final Fantasy fan knows about. It doesn't have to go by its exact name obviously for copyright reasons. However it is a HUGE and ICONIC weapon that even alot of people who don't play Final Fantasy or don't know much about the series know about Cloud and his sword. Also other games (such as Terraria) have used references to other games, movies, etc all the time in this sort of manner. Plus this, while being futuristic, is a major role play and has some aspects of fantasy to it. Just a huge request to ask. Thank you for your consideration! :) #TennoPride #LoveDE

Edited by (XB1)Horogatana
Mispelling

Meh. 

We already have oversized weapons (especialy skins) and tbh I don't see the point of having such things when the game is (according to the original concept) based around a mix of fantasy/sci-fi/realism-ish and horde/stealth. It's not WoW, LoL or Warhammer (nor almost any korean MMO), having weapons bigger than your character just doesn't make sense, at least imo.

And besides, Warframe is not related in any way to FF, so no reason to do any reference to it. 

Seriously, of all the cool weapons in FF, why even the Buster Sword. It's not even nice looking and oversized weapons look clunky anyway. As mentioned already it doesn't fit nicely with the aesthetic and anyway there's no crossover with FF, so its technically illegal to put the buster sword into the game.

Ya know, I would have taken you more seriously if you said Genesis' Crisis Core Rapier or Sephiroth's Masamune, but nope, you had to.

I mean honestly you are right when you said Warframe has nothing to do with Final Fantasy. But look at the Redeemer and Redeemer Prime and that handgun gunblade (forgot the name). Final Fantasy has used gunblades in their games for the longest of times. Also about the Buster Sword not looking good, it's good to have your opinion, but other people like me love the sword. I actually like the design of the sword alot. It would be cool if they themed more than just the Buster Sword for sure. And not just from Final Fantasy. Like other games as well. But like you said @Blade_Wolf_16, Warframe is based on a mix of fantasy, sci-fi and realism which is what FF7 was based on for the most part. For example, magiteck walkers, guns, military helicopters, S.O.L.D.I.E.R.S. (which were the most elite soldiers), etc. Proof that it had a sci-fi and realistic theme too. But anyways besides the point. Just a weapon I personally would like to see. If they add it then awesome. If they dont, I won't stress over it.

The best thing you can do is wield a Gram Prime, or perhaps the Paracesis. Both are a little ornate to substitute for the Buster Sword, but you should also keep your eyes open for future Tennogen releases (especially seeing as you are a PC player) - as heavy blades are a popular weapon category, there will almost definitely be more weapon skins for them coming in the future.

The Buster Sword is itself inspired by the Dragon-Slayer Sword from Berserk, so weapons like Gram are the substitute for all such overly-gigantic sword weapons from other media.