Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player Figuring Out Starter Frame(s)

(NSW)BungaHead

Question

Hey guys,

I am former hardcore Destiny 2 player that recently bought a Switch and am falling in love with Warframe. I've got an idea of how I want to play this game, but I'm struggling with what frame(s) to tear up the universe as. Up to this point, I've used the poster boy Excalibur who I enjoy a lot. Also last night I bought the Prime Nova and Mag not just for those characters but for the platinum you receive with them to buy whatever characters I want next in collaboration with your feedback below. I've beaten the Jackel, and I've got a sense of how I want to play at this moment. My goal is to describe the gameplay I want and let the community chime in with their valuable opinions and help point me in the closest direction to those warframes.

It's pretty simple so let's get to it:

• I like meleeing enemies, but I'm gonna be in need of some high shields, armor, and health because I get a little reckless. So some tank-ness would be helpful to keep me from dying often. (Maybe mods can take care of this issue? If so which ones?)
  • In addition to meleeing, I'd like to be able to blind, stun, or freeze enemies so that I can finish them off with a sick execution-style melee attack. That is probably my favorite part thus far.
  • I also think it would be valuable to have some support function if things go awry in the form of high DPS, energy replenishment or healing functionality.
  • I like the AR's as my primary and would like to have a robust 1-2 hit kill melee weapon to enhance my first and second bullet point above.

Thanks for reading this and I look forward to the communities responses.

v/r

Bunga

Edited by (NSW)BungaHead
Update

Update:

I luckily got a 50% coupon drop last night, and I used it for Rhino. I know I could have farmed him, but after several jackal runs and I only got one piece, so I said to hell with that and bought him outright. Reason being I want to hit the ground running and start enjoying the game right now. Otherwise, I'd go right back to Destiny 2 and I want off that hamster wheel. I refuse to play it anymore.

MAN, were you guys right. Rhino is AWESOME.

I didn't realize when I bought that Nova/Mag prime, in addition to platinum, they came with some prime weapons. I don't recall the rifle, pistol and sword names but these things shred.

I want to thank Fiftycitus for recommending to upgrade mods because that alters your game significantly. I avoided that like the plague but after reading the Wiki they aren't as intimidating. I actually found myself running missions, getting new drops and going to the armory to upgrade and swap mods. The rumor is true this game is all about mods and customizing your frame. I find that extremely gratifying.

Thanks to all who chimed in and I am now ready to sit back, live life and enjoy this game.

I would 100% recommend Rhino as a good starter frame. Can be modded to become extremely tanky with simple yet effective crowd control. After that I would consider upgrading to Frost. I think frost is my most ised warframe so you could say I'm a little bias, but he is just as tanky as Rhino and his CC abilities can be a little more useful imo.

Just try to have fun and I hope you enjoy the game as much as I do :). 

• Like 1