Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Improvement To Loki's Switch Teleport.

KittyDarkling

Hi there everyone! Personally I love Loki, and so far he's my favorite frame. and for the most part I really like all of his abilities. The only thing I can complain about is his squishieness really, but I guess that's just incentive to play him right!

There is however something I feel is a little immersion breaking, something that makes some maneuvers with him a little more difficult then they should be. What I'm referring to is switch teleport. I feel that when you switch with someone it only makes sense that the thing you switch with stands there dazed and confused for 3 seconds or so (I think).

Now why is it if you are being shot at by two guys and you switch with one, the one you didn't switch with keeps shooting at you without missing a beat? He will instantly know where you switched to and readjust instantly. I feel this is a little immersion breaking and a bit counter productive to Loki's play style.

Now I'm not suggesting anything massive like a 3 second stun like the guy you switch with. But there needs to be a delay long enough to either swing your melee weapon or turn invisible after switching. He's a trickster with a massive power pool and no ability to take a hit. His abilities should be what's keeping him alive and switch teleport should follow that model. I think it should affect only the enemies who were focusing on Loki at the time. and they should have a shorter "look around" then the switch teleport's target but still have one as they don't know where Loki just went.

In short,

- I feel the enemies who are focused on Loki should have a short (maybe half the duration of the initial target's stun) confused animation when he switch teleports, not just the initial target.

A funnier idea would be if the enemies kept shooting for a few seconds and did friendly fire to the switch teleport's target. This would serve the same purpose but be infinitely more entertaining! Very Loki like in my opinion.

In any case I wanna hear from everyone else, if you like my idea rate up this post say something about it, if not? let's talk about it! :D post away!

A funnier idea would be if the enemies kept shooting for a few seconds and did friendly fire to the switch teleport's target. This would serve the same purpose but be infinitely more entertaining! Very Loki like in my opinion.

I like this idea. It should have been like this from the start.

Agree completely. I think it would be much easier to just let the enemies continue firing for a short duration after the teleport. Make the Switch Teleport work in such a way that the enemies would still think that Loki's at the original location until about a half-second after the teleport finishes.

That, and be able to switch spots with other map objects, namely explosive barrels.

Agree completely. I think it would be much easier to just let the enemies continue firing for a short duration after the teleport. Make the Switch Teleport work in such a way that the enemies would still think that Loki's at the original location until about a half-second after the teleport finishes.

Yeah, an example of this could be when Loki switch teleports with the enemy; a haze of particles shrouds the teleported enemy, confusing the surrounding enemies into attacking their ally.

Edited by xhris

I was waiting for the third person to mention me like Beetlejuice, butttt 

I agree, like the Beta Trailer with lech Kril, you notice Loki Switch Teleports and gets the grineer next to him killed due to Kril Swinging.

I think it would really add to the abstract part of Loki that is more complex then just "Press X, deal damage" skills we have now.

However we need to be able to cast it on anyone. For instance, someone using a melee attack, or a rifle butt cannot be switched, which is rather annoying.

Yeah, an example of this could be when Loki switch teleports with the enemy; a haze of particles shrouds the teleported enemy, confusing the surrounding enemies into attacking their ally.

That part of my post was meant to be a more technical description of how it could work. I'm not sure if this is how the game works, but if Loki has a separate, invisible "object" at his location that the enemies try to shoot at (like how in-game models have their visual model and a separate, invisible "hitbox" object that takes damage when hit), it could simply be left where it was until half a second after the Switch Teleport finishes.

Assuming this is how enemy aiming works, this could make implementing this very, very simple.

Edited by SortaRandom

That part of my post was meant to be a more technical description of how it could work. I'm not sure if this is how the game works, but if Loki has a separate, invisible "object" at his location that the enemies try to shoot at (like how in-game models have their visual model and a separate, invisible "hitbox" object that takes damage when hit), it could simply be left where it was until half a second after the Switch Teleport finishes.

Assuming this is how enemy aiming works, this could make implementing this very, very simple.

Yes of course, that's how they would code it, I was just talking about how it could look, that's all.

I was waiting for the third person to mention me like Beetlejuice, butttt 

I agree, like the Beta Trailer with lech Kril, you notice Loki Switch Teleports and gets the grineer next to him killed due to Kril Swinging.

I think it would really add to the abstract part of Loki that is more complex then just "Press X, deal damage" skills we have now.

However we need to be able to cast it on anyone. For instance, someone using a melee attack, or a rifle butt cannot be switched, which is rather annoying.

When I first registered at the start of the Open Beta (after seeing the trailer), I picked Loki and that friendly fire Switch Teleport was a big selling point for me. Imagine my surprise when it turns out that it doesn't work like that.

... I regret nothing, but this would still be wonderful, and would make a lot more sense.