The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Huge RAM Spike When Entering Orb Vallis

-Exenon-

I constantly crash when trying to go into Orb Vallis from Fortuna. I did a lot of research and came to the conclusion that it was a massive RAM spike that is leading to this crash.
I have 8Gb of RAM which I'm sure is plenty to play Warframe on decent settings and I'm really frustrated about this.

RCBh38c.png

YpfctlL.png

Please Right Click -> View Image if they are not very clear.

These screenshots are from a windows tool called event viewer which logs all system events. And the screenshots show the warnings during the crashed in which you can see that Warframe spikes to 6GB of RAM usage at the time of the crash.

I'm not sure if this is intended, but if it isn't this would help.

Thank you.

What GPU are you using? You could try using a program called HWInfo64, opening its Sensors menu, and looking at GPU VRAM usage to see if the problem is running out of video RAM. If you don't have enough VRAM your system will attempt to use normal RAM in its place, which may cause issues. I wouldn't think it would come close to needing 8GB so I feel like my suggestion isn't correct, but it's worth checking nonetheless.

7 hours ago, Nmotsch987 said:

What GPU are you using? You could try using a program called HWInfo64, opening its Sensors menu, and looking at GPU VRAM usage to see if the problem is running out of video RAM. If you don't have enough VRAM your system will attempt to use normal RAM in its place, which may cause issues. I wouldn't think it would come close to needing 8GB so I feel like my suggestion isn't correct, but it's worth checking nonetheless.

I'm using a GTX1060 6Gb, VRAM shouldn't be an issue.

2 minutes ago, sam686 said:

Your computer's virtual swap file might not be setup correctly. Maybe use 8GB or more of swap file. More possible settings from other websites: https://www.google.com/search?q=windows+swap+file+settings

I'll look into this, thank you.