Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is going on with operator cosmetics?

auxy

DE, I know that visual glitches are the least of your concerns after crash bugs and balance issues, and that's a good thing -- really!

However, I can't believe this content was released in this state. Let's look at some examples:

First of all, what's going on with this hairstyle? I used to work in a salon. If we did highlights for somebody and they came out like this it would be an immediate refund.

Spoiler

unknown.png

It's not just the color that's wrong, though. What's up with the hair going through her ear? I mean, directly through? And even worse, look at the hair dec. What's going on there? It looks like the texture is being applied completely wrong. How did this end up this way? (The hair decs on most other hairstyles have similarly corrupted or mis-aligned textures.)

Plus, check out my neck. I realize that you wanted to age-up the Tenno for whatever reason, but the stated reason you updated the models was that you wanted to reduce clipping.

Over here @ScorchedIce pointed out that the "shaved head" texture is being applied underneath all of the new hairstyles. On top of that, the hairstyles don't make any sense and look like there's hair sprouting out of our characters' foreheads and all over. What's going on with all that?

Most of the new hairstyles also don't seem to have any changes with the "part" option. Is that intentional? I know some hairstyles simply don't have a "part" but maybe that option could be used to toggle bangs on/off or something?

Finally, I'm still upset about this. Check out how my operator looked before the model changes:

Spoiler

unknown.png

Another pic:

Spoiler

unknown.png

Look how slick she looks! I like the thigh-high boots, I love the smooth transition between legs and body, I love the way the sleeves connect to the mantle in the first pic. I love the way the colors all match. If I put on the same sleeves and boots now...

Spoiler

unknown.png

What the heck is going on here? Is this a bug? Is this an error? Well, it's definitely an error, but is it an error of the technical sort or the design sort? It looks horrible!

The boots are joined to the "pants" now and barely have any separation. The pants, which are apparently a thing because smooth bodysuits are too cool (?), share the same color assignment with the boots instead of using the same materials and colors as the bodysuit above, which means the pants don't make ANY use of the other two colors aside from the claws.

It makes a little more sense if you look at the whole outfit with the body piece:

Spoiler

unknown.png

But even then it still looks terrible--there's a huge, awkward bulge on the belly where the coat flips up for some reason, and it's clear the body and legs aren't the same garment despite all this forced-color fakery. Besides all that, I don't want to use the body piece anyway. Go back up and look at how it looks without the body piece. Now compare it to this:

Spoiler

unknown.png

That's with the Zauba Greaves. It's still not nearly as clean as it was before the update, but it looks a hell of a lot better than the Manduka Greaves. If they can retain the sleek look of the old-school tights, why can't the Manduka?

By the way, it's not just the Manduka parts or the hairstyles that have problems. The new armors that came out with Fortuna and Fortuna II have a bunch of really nonsensical color assignments--why is the Tertiary color used on like 60% of the Koppra and Outrider legs, 70% of the Haztech and Smelter legs, and like 90% of the Vahd Greaves? This makes it impossible to synchronize them color-wise with any of the older parts. And what's up with the rubber pants on the Koppra Leggings? You can bet I'll never be wearing those again. What a mess.

Whose idea was this operator redesign? Why was it allowed to release in this state? I have so many questions.

You know, I paid real money for these cosmetic accessories. I'm mastery-complete save for the stuff that came out this week, so character customization (so-called "Fashion Frame") is the most fun thing in the game to me at this point. Changes like this are driving me away from the game very quickly. I was planning to buy a new hairstyle and a full set of clothes this week, but why would I if they're just going to get changed like this?

Edited by auxy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, steelblueskies said:

image links appear broken (unknown.png), just a heads up

Hmm. They work here on mobile and in 3 browsers. They are indeed all called "unknown.png", but that's normal. Are you saying you can't seem to open them?

Yeah, everything seems to work fine for me, image-wise.

Certainly have to agree with some of this stuff though, some of the changes are great for getting all the old pieces more modular and everything, but others are like...something is different, what happened?

Not to mention the koppra faulds apparel, which has soooo much clipping. I mean, I think the "apparel" option is a fantastic idea, but most look like they are kinda floating around the operator rather than being worn.

Colour assignments as well, just in general for the game. Some things are so consistent and you see others that are so off you have to wonder why.

(nothing to do with operators, but excal main and proud owner of onyx skin. Always wondered why the accents covered more than just the accents, would prefer to keep the metallics gold without turning some of the flat colours on my frame yellow. Not that I dont like my appearance, but it always seemed odd, usually constrained to a specific material)

Edited by rainmaker170
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, rainmaker170 said:

Certainly have to agree with some of this stuff though, some of the changes are great for getting all the old pieces more modular and everything, but others are like...something is different, what happened?

Not to mention the koppra faulds apparel, which has soooo much clipping. I mean, I think the "apparel" option is a fantastic idea, but most look like they are kinda floating around the operator rather than being worn.

Colour assignments as well, just in general for the game. Some things are so consistent and you see others that are so off you have to wonder why.

(nothing to do with operators, but excal main and proud owner of onyx skin. Always wondered why the accents covered more than just the accents, would prefer to keep the metallics gold without turning some of the flat colours on my frame yellow. Not that I dont like my appearance, but it always seemed odd, usually constrained to a specific material)

I've also seen that with the Onyx skin just yesterday! Certain parts of the frame are different colors by default, but governed by the same color picker section. Pretty messy!