Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just An Idea On A New Mission

BonneyZILLA

Hello everyone,

I searched a bit in the forums, but I haven't found anything relating to an idea on sniping.

Well to the point, If DE can read this, I would like a new type of mission involve like sniping.

The mission is to kill a specific target, but you'll have to do it without raising any hype. If a Tenno makes their pressense known than the mission failed.

A meter in-game showing how much awareness one Tenno has made can help to stay put until the awareness is down.

Along the run I think this idea would help bring out sniping guns more than the usual than it sitting in the inventory most of the time. 

Also did I mention none can easily speed run in this mission.

I wonder what does everyone think of this?

Hello everyone,

I searched a bit in the forums, but I haven't found anything relating to an idea on sniping.

Well to the point, If DE can read this, I would like a new type of mission involve like sniping.

The mission is to kill a specific target, but you'll have to do it without raising any hype. If a Tenno makes their pressense known than the mission failed.

A meter in-game showing how much awareness one Tenno has made can help to stay put until the awareness is down.

Along the run I think this idea would help bring out sniping guns more than the usual than it sitting in the inventory most of the time. 

Also did I mention none can easily speed run in this mission.

I wonder what does everyone think of this?

+1

This would be very hard to achieve as enemies alert whole universe if they even glance at you. Tho reworked stealth is coming in U10.

There has been no confirmation of a stealth rework for U10 so not sure where you got that idea. DE has only stated that they realize the current stealth system is non-existent.

Also, to the OP, yes this is just a stealth mission type. No reason to call it being restricted to Sniping, especially since the only easily available sniper isn't silent. Also, the possibility of this is incredibly limited as the game gets to a point where the possibility of one shot kills completely disappears. This mission could only reasonably exist in lower levels (less than level 30 or so) and would have to stay off the progression path since not everyone would be able to complete it.

There has been no confirmation of a stealth rework for U10 so not sure where you got that idea. DE has only stated that they realize the current stealth system is non-existent.

Also, to the OP, yes this is just a stealth mission type. No reason to call it being restricted to Sniping, especially since the only easily available sniper isn't silent. Also, the possibility of this is incredibly limited as the game gets to a point where the possibility of one shot kills completely disappears. This mission could only reasonably exist in lower levels (less than level 30 or so) and would have to stay off the progression path since not everyone would be able to complete it.

Well they could make the target in this (Mission) very weak on all levels.

This would be very hard to achieve as enemies alert whole universe if they even glance at you. Tho reworked stealth is coming in U10.

I hope to see U10 soon.

It's pretty much a stealth mission. with a sniper rifle/bow don't we do that already? Except snipers may or may not be silent so how does that work?

I am glad you asked. I was thinking of this until an another idea came. A new mod that is a silencer can help with this and it can be added to any rifle or pistol perhaps.

Edited by GlamGrave

The reward would have to be really good for this, as the leveling potential of this is not very high, nor is the item recovery potential as you have to spend much time in this msision without killing lots of enemies, if there would be a cool reward, like: Choose 1 out of 3 reandomly selected rare mods, i'd be in.

The reward would have to be really good for this, as the leveling potential of this is not very high, nor is the item recovery potential as you have to spend much time in this msision without killing lots of enemies, if there would be a cool reward, like: Choose 1 out of 3 reandomly selected rare mods, i'd be in.

Or even just a rare mod reward at the end, like Raid, Sabotage, Capture, and Nightmare missions have (except, you know, actually rare). Would be a good way to get Flow and such for the people who don't do defense.