Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Got That Itch

TheOnlyWarBear

Question

Hello Tenno,

I have recently had an urge to invest into a new warframe. However, I ask that you help me to decide on my next build. I have chosen different Warframes I wish to create:

-Ash

-Banshee

-Mag

-Ember

However, I currently have only one slot open for use, and I wish that I may recieve advice for the frames above so that I can invest into a new frame. Please help me to decide which frame is a good pick.

~Kunsumption

21 answers to this question

Ash: Cool guy. Kids love him and he's played by alot of Tenno (maybe related?). Invites for Melee Stealthplay or press4 to progress coz true damage.

Banshee: Lowlevel nuker and Endgame-defense Buffbot. Sonar is great, her shoes aren't.

Mag: Very soon available as Prime version so i would wait. Got buffed but is still not super. Starter frame. Look out, she tends to have a crush on people easy.

Ember: Was awesome, since 9.8 she's not. Good ultimate which let's you be mobile.. the rest.. meh. Can be well fitted for loot runs though (coz of mobile ultimate).

I would say go for Ash.. good allround frame. Banshee is very boring specialized but ok, Mag soon a Prime so don't build the normal version yet and Ember sits crying in the corner since the last Patch but still ok, too.

well it all falls on what gameplay your looking for.

personally Id go with either mag or ember, both are well over balance.

since mag got a (buff/nerf?) Id go with her.

Mag Primes coming :(

So... Do you like to...

Burn everything?

Backstab while being invisible?

Go WUBWUBWUB with dubstep Sound *Quack*?

All up to you, in 3 different varieties!

Mag Primes coming :(

So... Do you like to...

Burn everything?

Backstab while being invisible?

Go WUBWUBWUB with dubstep Sound *Quack*?

All up to you, in 3 different varieties!

oh yeah, the prime one is coming, scratch that, go with ash or wubwubwub banshee

Ash: Cool guy. Kids love him and he's played by alot of Tenno (maybe related?). Invites for Melee Stealthplay or press4 to progress coz true damage.

Banshee: Lowlevel nuker and Endgame-defense Buffbot. Sonar is great, her shoes aren't.

Mag: Very soon available as Prime version so i would wait. Got buffed but is still not super. Starter frame. Look out, she tends to have a crush on people easy.

Ember: Was awesome, since 9.8 she's not. Good ultimate which let's you be mobile.. the rest.. meh. Can be well fitted for loot runs though (coz of mobile ultimate).

I would say go for Ash.. good allround frame. Banshee is very boring specialized but ok, Mag soon a Prime so don't build the normal version yet and Ember sits crying in the corner since the last Patch but still ok, too.

excellent advice. up until you recommended ash. I got ash maybe last week, and I was not a fan. his ult has a cool animation, and that's about as much credit as I'll give him. a lot of people play ash, but he's not much of a team player. good for solo stuff, but not defense. I haven't played ember or mag since their changes, but its looking like mag/mag prime are pretty strong as it stands right now. unfortunately all of embers skills seem more or less the same at present, i mean, how much can you do with fire, right? I'm a fan of banshee, and as namacyst says, she's great early-game because her ult will kill most enemies, and she's also viable late-game because of sonar

From what I can see, I think I will pick Ash because he is a little easier to farm.

lawl. took me a long time to get all of ash's parts (it wasn't even the systems that didn't drop, it was the helm, of all things). no, I don't know how long, but it was longer than all the other warframe components (and yes, I got them all. at different times, so I don't know how the various updates and such have affected BP drops, but still). it's random. try a few boss runs for ember, ash, and mag, and see what you get. whichever one has the best headstart, I recommend maybe just staying with that. banshee was the first frame I ever built, but that was a few months ago, and I think her blueprints are easier to get, since it's based on defense waves and such. plus you might be able to get some good stuff running defense missions as well. then again, running bosses will get you some useful resources, most likely

I'd say wait and see how the armor/damage system will work after it is redone (likely U10 which is maybe tomorrow, well, who knows)

It could make Ember quite powerful if the way how fire element damage works changes.

She would become really good "nuke" frame (her World on Fire deals good damage, has good duration and great range, with stretch cou can get around 25 meters of effective range)

As for other frames you mentioned, I don't have any first-handed experience, so I shall maintain silence.

Banshee and Ember if you want to do work.

Ash and Mag are more for fun, but don't lean towards high level things or anything big. Banshee is borderline high level-suited, but is nice to have.

I'd get Nova over Ember, but I'd still wait for the damage overhaul on U10 to see how good each frame does.