Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban: Exalted Rampart?

(PSN)LoisGordils

Straight to the chase, everyone (at least the vast majority) has been requesting a turret for Vauban. In addition to making changes to his other skills (like eliminating Tesla lol), I figured it'd be a great opportunity to make him stand out entirely by being the only Warframe with an Exalted Rampart.

Bastion: Vauban deploys an Exalted Rampart. Bastion is an immovable weapon that:

• Can shoot enemies automatically.

• Vauban can interact with Bastion order to manually operate it.

• Primary fire is fully automatic and status heavy that mows down foes.

• Secondary fire launches a devastating, primarily crit based missile. The altfire has a small coolddown and can only be deployed when Vauban is directly operating Bastion.

• Has health/shields/armor and an overheating gauge. Relentlessly spamming the primary fire (and I mean actually spamming) gradually fills up the overheat gauge. For example, the gauge has a capacity of 1000 and each shot from the primary fire fills it by 5 points. If filled, Bastion is instantly deactivated. Gauge drops when not firing.

• Should Bastion be destroyed, it will deal a percentage of its health and shields as Blast damage, whilst the overheat gauge will provide Heat damage.

• Allies standing near Bastion have their ammo replenished periodically.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Joewoof said:

Sounds cool, but something more mobile seems more fitting for this game, I think.

Agreed though Vauban can excel at locking down whole maps an exalted sentinel would probably help him more in the long run. The game has picked up in pace and if it can use current sentinel mods (Coolant Leak, Animal Instincts, Medi-Ray so on so fourth) outside the sentinel specific ones (Ammo Case, Fatal Attraction) a sentinel would fit better then a stationary turret. Im also a fan of an exalted sentinel for the fact that being able to mod atleast  4 different element combos ( example blast, corrosive, viral, magnetic) if it can also mod and use current sentinel weapons (dual Multron rifles firing with 4 status effects for condition overload sounds VERY juicy lol). Will admit though id be happy if they just removed Tesla and Minelayer and gave Vauban BOTH and exalted turret on his 1 and sentinel on his 2 but I dont think its going to happen (though Titania has 2 people forget tied to her 4th ability).

8 hours ago, (NSW)Joewoof said:

Sounds cool, but something more mobile seems more fitting for this game, I think.

Well it is a rampart that deals great amounts of damage. Consider it the aiming version of Peacemaker 😛

6 hours ago, zen625 said:

Agreed though Vauban can excel at locking down whole maps an exalted sentinel would probably help him more in the long run. The game has picked up in pace and if it can use current sentinel mods (Coolant Leak, Animal Instincts, Medi-Ray so on so fourth) outside the sentinel specific ones (Ammo Case, Fatal Attraction) a sentinel would fit better then a stationary turret. Im also a fan of an exalted sentinel for the fact that being able to mod atleast  4 different element combos ( example blast, corrosive, viral, magnetic) if it can also mod and use current sentinel weapons (dual Multron rifles firing with 4 status effects for condition overload sounds VERY juicy lol). Will admit though id be happy if they just removed Tesla and Minelayer and gave Vauban BOTH and exalted turret on his 1 and sentinel on his 2 but I dont think its going to happen (though Titania has 2 people forget tied to her 4th ability).

Exalted Sentinel also sounds really cool. I had actually thought of it for an electronics/hacker Warframe