Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

EXP/Affinity gain bug? (Cause Unknown, Sedna - Selkie)

GeniusOfDone

I went onto Sedna - Selkie, a survival mission, to grind out exp/affinity with a friend since we were leveling our gear. We've done this before and it has worked as it should before. This time though, I noticed that I had stopped gaining affinity for my weapons a couple minutes in. I still carried on with the mission, doing our 35 minutes like normal. When the mission was complete, however, the XP gained persisted and upon checking my loadout, my weapons are the ranks shown here. My friend however, gained XP and affinity like normal for being in range. As seen, I'm the one who did practically all of the work in the survival mission, so there's no mistaking that I should've gained affinity like normal. I still gained focus as normal though. Is there a cause or reason for this happening?

My results screen:

20181231230312_1.jpg

My friend's result screen:

unknown.png

Edited by GeniusOfDone

1 hour ago, GeniusOfDone said:

I should've gained affinity like normal

You did, though.

It looks like you pretty much exclusively used abilities to kill enemies,
and it's 100% normal for your weapons to not get any Affinity from your own ability kills, alas.

Kill something with an ability -> 100% of the Affinity goes to your Frame.
Kill something with a weapon -> 50% of the Affinity goes to your Frame and 50% to (only) the weapon used.
An ally kills something within Affinity sharing range -> 25% goes to your Frame and 75% is split equally among your weapons.

2 hours ago, GeniusOfDone said:

I'm the one who did practically all of the work

Yep, that's your mistake the flaw in the Affinity system, leeching is the way to go for leveling weapons without using them.

On 2019-01-01 at 1:21 AM, NinjaZeku said:

Kill something with an ability -> 100% of the Affinity goes to your Frame.
Kill something with a weapon -> 50% of the Affinity goes to your Frame and 50% to (only) the weapon used.
An ally kills something within Affinity sharing range -> 25% goes to your Frame and 75% is split equally among your weapons.

That explains a lot actually. Thank you for telling me about this, because I would've never found out otherwise!