Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Separate configs for Atmospheric Archguns

Steel_Rook

This is a simple request. Can we please have separate configs for our Atmospheric Archguns, rather than having to share slots with our Space Archguns? I'm fine with both weapons sharing the same level and slot polarities (though I'd prefer to be able to swap them differently on either version), but can we please not have them use the same mod configs ? The reason I ask is a lot of the new Archgun Mods that got added with Fortuna 2.0 don't actually work in space at all and some of the space mods aren't that useful on the ground. The Ammo Chain mod, for instance, does nothing in space where ammo is infinite, while the magazine size mod does little on the ground where ammo matters more.

Currently, each weapon has 3 config slots which I've traditionally used to vary the damage type of the weapon. With Archguns that's no longer proactical as I need to make a "Space" config and a "Ground" config, leaving me with just one slot spare. Considering how different the two uses of Archguns are, I feel it's fair that we be given separate config slots for the "Heavy Weapon" version of our archgun, I think.

Edited by Steel_Rook
Changed terminology from "build" to "config"

That's a very niche usage. DE seems to have forgotten Archwing, and I'm having trouble to see the point in having 3 builds only for Archwing missions. Want to switch elements ? Just... switch elements.

Anyway, if you feel that's really needed for what you intend to do, I think that's more reliable to simply level a second archgun.

Honestly, the game is slowly becoming an intense mess, having this kind of specificity for Heavy Weapons seems to overcomplicate things for a small benefit.

Edited by Chewarette

21 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Honestly, the game is slowly becoming an intense mess, having this kind of specificity for Heavy Weapons seems to overcomplicate things for a small benefit.

Overcomplicates things how? We already have two separate categories for the same item in the Vehicles Section - one under Tenno Loadout, one under Heavy Weapon. I'd argue that accessing the same loadouts by customising both categories overcomplicates things more so than having access to different loadouts through the different buttons. Just because Archwings missions are heavily limited doesn't mean that simply ignoring them and cannibalising their loadout slots is a good idea. As someone who runs Archwing missions for the sake of running them, having separate configs for space and the ground would be highly useful.

And again - if the same mechanics applied to both space and ground, this wouldn't be as much of an issue as universal configs could be made in that case. However, mods highly useful in ground combat literally do nothing in space. While not exactly a great comparison, I'd still compare this to, say, Critical Hit mods not working on the Grenier Galleon tileset. DE themselves introduced this level of complexity when they made certain mods conditional to the type of mission being run, I'd argue.

Realistically speaking, what complexity are you even envisioning here? What would become more complex to do, with my proposed changes? By your own admission, Archwing missions have been forgotten, so the only added complication I can think of (that being needing to set up separate configs for Archwing-mission Archguns) isn't really relevant under those circumstances. I'd argue that requiring me to manually swap around mods every time I want to change damage types is far more overcomplicated than letting me store three loadouts for ground and three for space, not to mention is kind of defeats the point of having multiple configs in the first place.

*edit*
Just realised I was using the wrong term. Meant to say "config" instead of "build." Don't know if it matters, but I went back through the thread and updated all terminology.

Edited by Steel_Rook