Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pickup Messages.

razorch

Hello everyone.

I didn't see any topic about items pick up messages so started this one. The bad thing about showing all the stuff i picked up or even NOT picked up is preventing me from successfull farming. Every time i go near some item i see messages like Pistol Ammo full, Health is full and so on. In this mess i don't see messages that i want to see - Neurodes +1. I can't tell my friends to pick up it. I must wait for 10 seconds to see the sacramental info. It would be perfect to show pickup messages not with single lines that changes one after another, but the small list on the left side (and only pickup! NOT info about full box ammo or health|energy). It' so obvious and easy to integrate.

Hello everyone.
I didn't see any topic about items pick up messages so started this one. The bad thing about showing all the stuff i picked up or even NOT picked up is preventing me from successfull farming. Every time i go near some item i see messages like Pistol Ammo full, Health is full and so on. In this mess i don't see messages that i want to see - Neurodes +1. I can't tell my friends to pick up it. I must wait for 10 seconds to see the sacramental info. It would be perfect to show pickup messages not with single lines that changes one after another, but the small list on the left side (and only pickup! NOT info about full box ammo or health|energy). It' so obvious and easy to integrate.

A proper item feed would be really appreciated.

Hopefully this is something they've added with U10...

Credits should only need to appear once 

Items are the only thing I actually need the info feed for and they should take total priority.

frankly, Credits might as well just drop as one pickup, to save performance(not a lot of it, but every bit matters), level space, and so that it only makes one pickup message in the HUD.

but yes, materials & BP's should take priority. always. 

(and yes, this is certainly not the first thread about this).

Edited by taiiat

Ammo max numbers can be ambiguous if you have an ammo max mod on (Don't start with "mutator is better anyway". Doesn't fix the problem). To address the "ammo is maxed" line being unneeded, the ammo reserve number could change to a different color (like green? red? blink? trying to consider the colorblind.) to show that you have max reserve ammo, which would make the ammo max messages unneeded.

Yeah, +1

I don't want to see if one of my weapons is full. I don't want to see how much S#&$ty credits I have picked up,

either the ones from my team mates. And I'm not in preschool, there is no reason to display every message

for over 3 seconds. Everyone can read and realize it in about a half.

Edited by Cryp2Nite

Yeah, +1

I don't want to see if one of my weapons is full. I don't want to see how much S#&$ty credits I have picked up,

either the ones from my team mates. And I'm not in preschool, there is no reason to display every message

for over 3 seconds. Everyone can read and realize it in about a half.

The game has to display text at an 8th grade reading level.

Given the amount of TL;DR I see nowadays, people don't read very often. 3 seconds is warranted. It's hard for some people.

The game has to display text at an 8th grade reading level.

Given the amount of TL;DR I see nowadays, people don't read very often. 3 seconds is warranted. It's hard for some people.

The best way to display pickup message is to show it in feed like vertical list. Maby with different colors for all the types of items. As i say, the problem is about a single line message. What i want is to see a quick helpful info about pickup, not to wait 3sec for every text message.

The best way to display pickup message is to show it in feed like vertical list. Maby with different colors for all the types of items. As i say, the problem is about a single line message. What i want is to see a quick helpful info about pickup, not to wait 3sec for every text message.

I think you missed my snark.

Ammo max numbers can be ambiguous if you have an ammo max mod on (Don't start with "mutator is better anyway". Doesn't fix the problem). To address the "ammo is maxed" line being unneeded, the ammo reserve number could change to a different color (like green? red? blink? trying to consider the colorblind.) to show that you have max reserve ammo, which would make the ammo max messages unneeded.

I'm in agreement with you that "AMMO FULL" and ENERGY/HEALTH FULL" are a major pain.