Jump to content
General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

DE help!, Can no longer use Ability's or Transcendence.


MorriganRavenholm
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is the first time i have encountered this bug and i cant remember just what i did to cause it.. and have yet to find a way to fix it.. cant play the game like this.. unable to use any warframe's ability's or transcendence, i have tried just about everything others have listed as methods they have used to fix this problem.. nothing has worked for me.. and i am ever so slightly scared my account might be stuck like this .

its been about a day or so when this all started. and have basically stopped playing warframe because of this bug that refuses to go away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At the bottom right, does it say "Ability in use" or "Ability use prevented"?

If nothing shows up: Options, check keybindings or reset to defaults. Make sure your keyboard buttons are working, and that you are not holding down too many buttons at the same time. Most game controllers do not have this limit. More about the limit of keyboard: https://www.google.com/search?q=keyboard+button+limit+rollover

Going farther to reset everything, go to C:\Users\???\AppData\Local\Warframe and move or delete everything to reset all settings. (??? = computer's username) AppData is a hidden folder, can still access it from typing it into path.

 

if "Ability use prevented" while at the starting area of Orb Vallis or Plains of eidolon, go farther out and try abilities again.

"Ability in use", there is a bug that will go away and back to normal after mission have ended and back to relay / Cetus / Fortuna / orbiter.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2019-01-02 at 8:56 PM, sam686 said:

At the bottom right, does it say "Ability in use" or "Ability use prevented"?

If nothing shows up: Options, check keybindings or reset to defaults. Make sure your keyboard buttons are working, and that you are not holding down too many buttons at the same time. Most game controllers do not have this limit. More about the limit of keyboard: https://www.google.com/search?q=keyboard+button+limit+rollover

Going farther to reset everything, go to C:\Users\???\AppData\Local\Warframe and move or delete everything to reset all settings. (??? = computer's username) AppData is a hidden folder, can still access it from typing it into path.

 

if "Ability use prevented" while at the starting area of Orb Vallis or Plains of eidolon, go farther out and try abilities again.

"Ability in use", there is a bug that will go away and back to normal after mission have ended and back to relay / Cetus / Fortuna / orbiter.

 

as far as i can tell it says neither, and shows it Should be working fine, i will press the ability's corresponding key and it does the same it always did visually.. only the ability will not work, and as far as i know my keyboard works fine, the buttons work as they should in other games, and i have tried the setting's reset trick.. didn't work. 

currently i have did everything i could find, what friends have suggested.. and this annoying problem has persisted thru it all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, MorriganRavenholm said:

currently i have did everything i could find, what friends have suggested.. and this annoying problem has persisted thru it all.

Note: all of this is assuming it is not "Ability in Use"

 

  • Have you tried rebinding the powers to something else?
  • Have you verified the download cache?
  • Have you looked at the EE.cfg file to see what the game believes the abilities are set to? (you can delete this file to reset the settings)
  • Have you changed between push to power and power menu? (I forget their names, can check later if needed)
  • Have you tried a different control method? M+KB<->Gamepad (only if you own one)
  • Have you tried to reinstall the game?

 

The other thing would be to look at your hardware updates. If something was updated and then the powers stopped working, do a rollback. If things are not up to date, updating might help.

Edited by krc473
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

Note: all of this is assuming it is not "Ability in Use"

 

  • Have you tried rebinding the powers to something else?
  • Have you verified the download cache?
  • Have you looked at the EE.cfg file to see what the game believes the abilities are set to? (you can delete this file to reset the settings)
  • Have you changed between push to power and power menu? (I forget their names, can check later if needed)
  • Have you tried a different control method? M+KB<->Gamepad (only if you own one)
  • Have you tried to reinstall the game?

 

The other thing would be to look at your hardware updates. If something was updated and then the powers stopped working, do a rollback. If things are not up to date, updating might help.

Ok, lets see if i remember everything i have done.

-yes i have tried to rebind my abilities AND transcendence many times, it didn't do anything.

-yes i made sure to verify the cache.

-i have deleted the EE.ctg didn't seem to help at all.

-not sure what your talking about there.

-i in-fact did try controller.. it kinda sorta helped.. transcendence only worked right while in orbiter.

-hes i have reinstalled the game

 

Edit after finished typing this: while looking thru options i randomly decided to click the set to default button.. thinking "what can it hurt" ..and it has somehow fixed the problem.. not sure what it changed to fix the problem.. as i didn't notice what setting it could have been.. but i am happy all the same that it seems to finally be fixed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MorriganRavenholm said:

not sure what your talking about there.

There is a setting that lets you either

  1. push the button cast the ability, I.e. 5 for transcendence. Or
  2. push a button to select said abilty. Then their is a seperate button to trigger the power. I.e. 5 to select transcendence, then enter to activate the ability.

This would certainly do what you were describing.

 

The other option would be “inverted tab and hold” functions. Instead of tapping to cast the ability to would need to hold.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...