The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Intergrated Video Cards Are Kinda... Crapped On?

SynisterDoom

Ok so my computer is a big old ibuypower brand desktop computer using windows 8. i dont remember all my specs beyond 450 gigs of harddrive space, 8 gigs of ram. it's got a plexiglass side that i can look through and i can see one empty slot that looks like a really long ram slot with an extra little bit on the end, i think its for another ..er... thing. video card i hope. i see a massive fan the size of a brick of spam. the meat.  aaandd thats really it. beside you know. clusters of wires and lights and junk

-edited- is this enough info?

Edited by Akiba_Broax

ruddy hell... well can anyone post a link to a cheap one that can run it pretty well and not cost a buttflux ton of money? something inside an unemployed 16 year olds price range.. like at most 100

You aren't going to max out Warframe with anything under $100, but you could get close with: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006VX4E7U/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1379002317&sr=8-1π=AC_SX110_SY165

I'm not fully understanding what you are saying. You have an Integrated graphics card and a dedicated one (Nvidia)? If yes, then play with your Nvidia card and not the integrated one. Integrated cards should not be used to play video games.

Overall, OP, just expand upon your post.

Remember, the more detail you give, the more detail you get; the clearer questions you ask, the clearer answers you receive. Learn this lesson early.

edited

Please find your specs. Your edited OP added literally nothing to your post except ruling out that you are using a laptop.

Its even less clear because you dont mention your video card AT ALL in OP. Please expand upon the integrated/Nvidia graphics card you have. That's all we care about. There isn't even a question in your post.

Try again, I'll give you one more chance.

Edited by honeybadger

Please find your specs. Your edited OP added literally nothing to your post except ruling out that you are using a laptop.

Its even less clear because you dont mention your video card AT ALL in OP. Please expand upon the integrated/Nvidia graphics card you have. That's all we care about. There isn't even a question in your post.

Try again, I'll give you one more chance.

sorry i'll do it when i get home im at this pathetic excuse for an educational system atm. 

it's got a plexiglass side that i can look through and i can see one empty slot that looks like a really long ram slot with an extra little bit on the end, i think its for another ..er... thing. video card i hope.

This certainly sounds like a PCI-E 16x slot.

Chances are you can add a new video card, but you should probably bush up on your hardware knowledge before you do so.

ruddy hell... well can anyone post a link to a cheap one that can run it pretty well and not cost a buttflux ton of money? something inside an unemployed 16 year olds price range.. like at most 100

There are plenty of video cards that would be an improvement over any onboard you are likely to have, even for 100 dollars.

You'll want to double check the brand, model, and capacity of your power supply before committing to anything that requires more power than the slot itself can deliver, however.

Something like a Radeon 7750 GDDR5 is likely the best option in your budget.

A respectable example: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102969