Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thrown Weapons Feel Off

Sagaris

Not like offset or anything, they do their job of killing the enemy just fine. What I mean is the way we tenno throw them seems awkward.

The speed at wich we throw 'em feels strange, especially with fire rate mods. Feels more like firing an automatic pistol rather then a throwing weapon.

So here's an simple idea to make them feel more realistic and give them more of an identity compared to firearms.

Kunai/Despair: 3 in magazine, can be be throw instantly or charged.

Hikou: 9 in magazine, fires in 3 round burst.

Thoughts?

I like this a lot.

I understand it would be a radical change, and damage/ammo numbers would need to be extensively tweaked, but still a change I would enjoy. It's all about flavor and effectiveness, not simply the latter.

+1

Edited by Shadebain

Well, just cut down the amount of ammo per mag dramatically, increase reload and I think it would be ok. You can hold 4 hikou, but only 2 kunai/despair, for example. After all, how the hell can someone hold 15 throwing stars in those hands and throw them all in such speed without dropping a single one? We need faster reload to compensate, of course, but it would be a break of a stream of damage like it is now.

Thats too drastic of a change to make to the current throwing knives, but i wouldn't mind seeing a new one thats like Lex, but a throwing knife. Would either need to retain the really low reload speed, or have higher projectile speed in order to be viable though.

And for god sakes, no more charged weapons. The bows were never designed in mind to be shot non-charged or else they would have more than 1 ammo capacity. For the new theoretical throwing weapon i'd rather see a fire rate of 1 with no charge, than a charge time of 1.

Edited by Servanin

Thats too drastic of a change to make to the current throwing knives, but i wouldn't mind seeing a new one thats like Lex, but a throwing knife. Would either need to retain the really low reload speed, or have higher projectile speed in order to be viable though.

And for god sakes, no more charged weapons. The bows were never designed in mind to be shot non-charged or else they would have more than 1 ammo capacity.

This is a beta. Nothing is too drastic.

Well, just cut down the amount of ammo per mag dramatically, increase reload and I think it would be ok. You can hold 4 hikou, but only 2 kunai/despair, for example. After all, how the hell can someone hold 15 throwing stars in those hands and throw them all in such speed without dropping a single one? We need faster reload to compensate, of course, but it would be a break of a stream of damage like it is now.

The reload speed would have to be truly exceptional. Why? Well you are correct, you don't hold 300 knives in each hand while throwing. However in some cases you practice just how fast you can draw and throw you knives. Given the nature of tenno I would imagine they would be extremely good at quick draw throws.

The one thing I would like to see with the throwing weapons in warframe is stamina drain from each knife thrown. It does take stamina to throw a knives and while I'm sure tenno are in great shape and have added power from their warframe suits I still think it would slowly chuck at your stamina as your throw knives.

This is a beta. Nothing is too drastic.

Exactly! Beta is the ideal time to play around with ideas like these to see how it plays out. I mean yeah there's those who payed real money for these items and may not like such a change, but you do kind of know what you're signing up for when spending money on a beta.