Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Capture mission QoL idea

I'm sure most will agree when I say capture is one of the most annoying missions for a slow frame because in most cases you end up capturing the target within seconds and have to run over 1000m to extraction, so I have a idea that might fix this.

Add a system to capture missions where there are sort of checkpoints every 200m or so from the starting point of the mission all the way to the default extraction point. If you pass one and capture the target before the next checkpoint then the extraction area will spawn somewhere before it.

That way we won't have to waste so much time just running, I know a fast frame like Volt would make this trivial but that only helps the host because everyone else will keep crashing into doors

there arent enough ambushes, or good rewards for capture missions, or subquest, maybe a generator could spawn / drop -off, reinforcements, multiple capture targets, bluepritns, or new items, maybe wanna hire CAPCOM or use larger targets or monsters who dont just runway, since the enemies look average too small and run-amok / in predictable paths, they have no shield or attractive fewatures, unique equipment or weapons to melt socks, and   have no bodyguard features,

also the rewards should be updated to feature knives, and few / mods to make replay interesting,

with extraction; suply ships with soldier weapons and mods should be good to give the players some resources and gasoline, walking is boring especially after capture,  and unrewarding to explore or free-roam maps, scanning things, opening lockers or defeating weaker enemies, since alot of the crates and lockers have mediocre things inside, even if they are redlocks, the security its also rather trashy enemy side, if there were medium bursa or some other challenges deployed after the target is defeated to block off doors, with some large rewards, resources, and temporary weapons, tool-enhancements or new features, 

Edited by (PS4)santospizarro

• add larger enemies, rare
  • monsters, dragon sized entities, wartools, 
  • advance security and loot, enemies inspired
  • deploy extractors and offer submissions, temporary weapons, melee enhancements
  • extraction bonus, time-attack, sub-objectives
  • if cache allow for stacks, bundles, blueprints, warframe parts.
  • different enemies, dogs berserk etc, biomass, time missions has no closure points or dangerous elements before and after.
  • capture target is way too small and dumb, player needs to find fearful target,
  •  large entity, new blueprints and rewards based upon the planet and enemy types.

On 2019-01-05 at 3:22 AM, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

I'm sure most will agree when I say capture is one of the most annoying missions for a slow frame because in most cases you end up capturing the target within seconds and have to run over 1000m to extraction, so I have a idea that might fix this.

Add a system to capture missions where there are sort of checkpoints every 200m or so from the starting point of the mission all the way to the default extraction point. If you pass one and capture the target before the next checkpoint then the extraction area will spawn somewhere before it. 

That way we won't have to waste so much time just running, I know a fast frame like Volt would make this trivial but that only helps the host because everyone else will keep crashing into doors

Ok...

so lets make the Capture Target tougher to down? so people don't just catch him in seconds?

make him into an enormous bullet sponge that keeps retreating and has a good chance of making it all the way to the exit before you finally down him.

Then you don't have to run; you're already there too.

3 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Ok...

so lets make the Capture Target tougher to down? so people don't just catch him in seconds?

make him into an enormous bullet sponge that keeps retreating and has a good chance of making it all the way to the exit before you finally down him.

Then you don't have to run; you're already there too.

Or the checkpoint system I mentioned could be implemented instead. Warframe tilesets are made to mix and match different pieces to make each run feel a bit different so it shouldn't be difficult to code in the extraction point in several parts of the map and have one activate once the player passes a certain point in the mission