Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

QoL Expedite Invasion Option

barretxiii

Mechanically, Invasions make sense, but compared to their little brother Alert missions, the rewards are a chore to acquire. Say you've just finished the 3+ missions you need to get those elusive Wraith/Vandal weapon pieces.... Now you gotta wait for the invasion to finish before you can collect those rewards. It'd be a HUGE quality of life change to have an option where we can remove an Invasion node from the available missions, and immediately acquire our chosen rewards. This way, those that want the earned rewards can get them quicker, and just in case someone has second thoughts on their chosen reward they can play the other side and then go for the payout option.

so your wanting payment for helping one side while they are still fighting over the mission nodes, as doesnt seem like fair trade.

do you understand that invasions are the way people get marked for death for the G3 an zanuka hunter, to get the barak an detron parts along with 2 of the 3 scimtar ship parts.

the invasion payout rewards are meant to be like this as makes a player picky about what side they join and decide which one of the rewards is better choice for them at this point in teh game.

Which is exactly why I want an OPTION. Once the 3 missions are done, and you're slated to receive a certain reward, you would have a selectable OPTION to end your participation in the conflict. You would still be recognized as a participant, and thus could still be marked by G3/Zanuka, but you simply speed things along for receiving your chosen reward.

You seem to be under the impression I want an option to basically be rewarded both rewards for playing one side. Not the case. I simply want to speed up the process so we aren't spent waiting for very long to receive one or two parts.

• Like 1

It makes no sense to have to wait so long to receive a reward. Regardless of which side wins the invasion, you get whatever reward you went for. If anything, we should just have an instant payout upon completing 3 missions. The Invasion can stay active, and we can still participate, but we aren't waiting hours, or even days to receive our reward

1 hour ago, barretxiii said:

It makes no sense to have to wait so long to receive a reward. Regardless of which side wins the invasion, you get whatever reward you went for. If anything, we should just have an instant payout upon completing 3 missions. The Invasion can stay active, and we can still participate, but we aren't waiting hours, or even days to receive our reward

Then the reward gets reduced.

Wait for the end or pay the absurd cost to build the Feldron, Detonite or Mutagen, or even buy them outright from the Market. Pay with your time or your money.

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Then the reward gets reduced.

Wait for the end or pay the absurd cost to build the Feldron, Detonite or Mutagen, or even buy them outright from the Market. Pay with your time or your money.

that makes no sense.

When you do invasions, what do you (and by extension, pretty much every player) do?

You play the 3(+) missions necessary to get the prize(s) you want, then go off to do other non-invasion things. At that point, you're guaranteed to get the prize, regardless of who wins the invasion.You're not "participating" anymore. You're probably off hunting Orb Mothers and Eidolons, or leveling up weapons and frames at Hydron. Then a few hours/days later, the invasion ends, and you get the prize in the mail; it's the exact one(s) you wanted, and you got them regardless of whether or not you supported the winning side.

Reducing the rewards just because they want an early payout is simply ridiculous and nonsensical. The average majority of players will do the bare minimum of invasions, so punishing them all for an early payout is just silly.

I once completed an invasion, and received my reward minutes later, since it was almost finished. Clearly I didn't "participate" much, so would you call it fair to reduce my reward for "not participating"? No, if the same happened to you, and you did have a reduced reward, you'd feel cheated, even though you did what was asked.

I'm suggesting an OPTION to collect early, but leave the Invasions running. Maybe you wanted the Grineer's battle pay, but decide to help the Corpus win the overall invasion. You could get your prize, and switch sides, and net yourself an instantaneous Death Mark that could possibly trigger on your next mission.

As it stands now, it's a wholly inconvenient reward system.

10 часов назад, barretxiii сказал:

I'm suggesting an OPTION to collect early, but leave the Invasions running. Maybe you wanted the Grineer's battle pay, but decide to help the Corpus win the overall invasion. You could get your prize, and switch sides, and net yourself an instantaneous Death Mark that could possibly trigger on your next mission.

That doesn't sound like a penalty. Zanuka and G3 are treated as loot pinatas anyway, that'd only make it easier to farm them at the "cost" of getting your invasion rewards early. And I somehow doubt DE would add a win-win "option" that makes waiting for the rewards obsolete.

7 hours ago, snorkofob said:

That doesn't sound like a penalty. Zanuka and G3 are treated as loot pinatas anyway, that'd only make it easier to farm them at the "cost" of getting your invasion rewards early. And I somehow doubt DE would add a win-win "option" that makes waiting for the rewards obsolete.

DE gains NOTHING by forcing us to wait for Invasion rewards. There's no plat option to get them early, so as it stands now, there's no logical reason for them to keep us waiting when that benefits NO ONE. Not us. Not them.

The current system is just plain broken. If one side plays, and no one picks the other, then it's a one-sided conflict, and defeats the purpose of the invasion system, giving you the rewards faster, that they may as well be normal alerts. But if lots of people join both sides... We end up waiting days for a single reward. It punishes player participation.

17 hours ago, barretxiii said:

I'm suggesting an OPTION to collect early, but leave the Invasions running.

This is functionally nothing. This isn't a cost. This isn't anything. The time it takes to have an Invasion finish is entirely by design. They might look at making them shorter, but they won't do what you are suggesting. It's not an option if both things aren't generally something you'd choose.

7 minutes ago, barretxiii said:

DE gains NOTHING by forcing us to wait for Invasion rewards.

You might consider buying Mesa or buying the faction resources to build that thing you've had sitting in your list for a while.