Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New game mode idea : Tactical Santuary Onslaught

DeathshotSE

Putting this new game mode idea out there because I think it could be fun. It piggy-backs off Sanctuary Onslaught's cycling level, but with a different mechanic than the kill efficiency meter and wait timer. This is meant to be an addition and not a replacement for Sanctuary Onslaught.

As many know, Sanctuary Onslaught is a 2.5 minute waiting time between zones with a kill meter that relies on enemy deaths to keep up otherwise the mission ends. This promotes nuking frames like Saryn, Equinox, etc.

Idea

My idea is changing the kill meter into specific objectives where completing objectives rewards points based on the objective difficulty and the next portal opens after reaching a certain amount of points. Completing objectives will reward points and failing objectives will remove points. Examples of objectives are like "kill 10 heavy gunners" or "kill 30 enemies with headshots" and failure conditions are like "kill 5 non-target enemies" and "Fail to achieve a target kill within 30 seconds". As you go through more zones, the enemies can scale up faster since you are only killing some targets and the objective requirement can increase to make it harder to keep going.

This promotes precision kills and non-nuking/CC frames where you control the enemies and pick off your targets to advance. You are punished for nuking the map (for the most part). By relying on completing objectives to advance, you are rewarded by completing them faster, allowing you to go through more rotations at your own pace.

Leave your thoughts below. Is this a game mode you would play? Would this be a nice addition to the game where all we know so far is mass slaughter?

Edited by DeathshotSE

I might actually like this. Just continuous mass-slaughter gets boring fast for me, so this idea gets me interested. Taking out specific targets out of a sea of common fodder, maybe playing "the floor is lava". Heck, maybe we can add hacking in as well.

21 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

Heck, maybe we can add hacking in as well.

That was definitely a thought. Something like hack 3 consoles within 30 seconds of each other or something unique, but then I couldn't think of anything else that could be added to the level. You also can't add too much stuff because the current Sanctuary Onslaught zones are just 1 tile.