Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

haystacks for sniping / hushed weapons in endless missions

Last night I woke up with an amazing idea!

I had been trying sniper weapons in various levels, but in endless maps it seems impossible to take the time for your awesome shot. Your continuously surrounded.
The maps I really loved using snipers are the eidolon plains and the new fortuna map.

So I thought, how cool would it be to have (destroyable) haystacks throughout the endless maps (or even all maps). You could hide in them (using same key as controlling a turret) and enemies that weren't alerted of your presence would not notice you if they get near.

Why is this cool?

1. with banshee / hush mod, you can stay there and actually snipe enemies, instead of using your sniper as an rifle.
  2. haystacks could even be used to assassinate enemies by waiting for them to walk nearby.
  3. haystacks can be destroyed if people use the haystacks for leeching

This isn't Assassins Creed. There is no practical use for a "Haystack" in Warframe, plus, who tf would be making said haystacks, on a planet covered in nothing but ice and snow, with liquid coolant running all over.

And Plains... surely Grineer have no use for hay since they don't own a horse, nor any type of animal that'd eat hay. 100% Vomvalysts aren't going to be farmers either.

Where's your senses at?

Not likely to happen for the same reason DE has said they won't add a cover system; Warframe is a game build around constantly moving to avoid damage rather than hiding from it.  Many players use snipers (and even harder weapons) to great effect in endless missions, it just takes some getting used to.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)finkingma said:

Why is this cool?

Where is the "Why is this bad?" section? For me, I would consider it a waste of time. You have sniper nests in PoE already - why not allow us to make use of those.

The number one issue would be enemy density. Your squad could easily kill everything before you can snipe them. If you are in the relevant area(s) anyway. If not, you are leeching bounty rewards. You will still appear to be a leech due to 'hiding and barely killing'. I do not think this suggestion can work with WF at all.

• Try a dedicated sniper game if this is what you are after.