Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Missions Impossible?

Delta4575

I was planning on getting a nova from the shop once i get another steam card.

solo'ing with a Nova (without lots of mods) is going to be worse than it was with Excalibur, FYI.

(i also can't recommend you blow that much cash on a Warframe due to their relative undifficulty to get, but your choice)

you can solo a Mobile Defense, but it will require you to be very efficient at taking out enemies. 

having a Decoy would be pretty useful for this, it would grab some attention away from the objective. 

as much as i hate to say it, Frost is the easymode frame for these single location objectives. it never moves, so you make your bubble of invulnerability... and just shoot them at your leisure. 

another option, Jackal on Venus, drops Rhino parts. Rhino has fantastic Crowd Control, as well as survivability. even extra damage output when you need it. Rhino is a very well rounded frame. (well, Charge is a bit lackluster, but it's still okay)

Excalibur is a very powerful frame, but he's a very offensive frame. and only offensive. Slash Dash will take you very far away from the objective, and Radial Javelin can only hit a max of 15 targets. even if it does great damage, on a Mobile Defense 15 targets for that animation lock isn't going to cut it solo.

Sentinels also are good for making another target as well as helping dish out damage(or atleast stuns). Dethcube is a great one for this, his aim isn't that accurate but that just makes him capable of stunning groups for centuries instead of just one target :>

but mostly, it's probably due to your weapons. they're not levelled up with fancy stuff and piles of mods, so you're not killing very fast. which normally is okay, but you're solo, you need to be. 

since Rhino is right open there for you, maybe you should work on grabbing his parts. he has a lot more CC centric powers, which will give you the potential to solo. his survivability power (Iron Skin) even increases your aggro, so that way enemies are more likely to shoot you rather than the objective.

oh, and the objective isn't inside a closed room because that would be really easy, lmao.

edit:

The only Mobile Defense mission that I suspect is nigh impossible to solo without a specific frame is probably Kiste on Ceres (highest level Grineer MD I think?). The final stretch has enemies coming in from 4 directions, with Bombadeers killing the objective in 4 hits and heavy gunners gib it in in a few seconds of shooting.

preposterous. clannies and i have done Kiste with a very wide assortment of frames. we've even done it with Saryn/Loki, along with many safer frame combinations. 

Decoy overload :>

all you need is Crowd Control and capability to kill the enemies in reasonable time.

Edited by taiiat

Mobile defence isn't suppose to be soloable especially at the final stage, it is a co-op game after all.  I solo to farm resources or get the first few levels on new weapons/frames, otherwise its pugs.

So unless DE decide to make this game an offline rpg, you can't solo everything.

Actually, it's very easy for some frames. I've solo'd nightmare mode mobile defense missions (infested) on my Rhino many times looking for mods. However, most of the defense/mobile defense missions are tuned for groups.

Before blaming the game be sure you are not going underpowered (both in player's skill and equipment) against environment...

Mobile Defenses are the hardest game mode after Endless defense

Well my primary is completely useless.(Braton, not the starter.) Though my other weapons work fine on grineer. (Bolto, Orthos, both with orikin parts installed. Bolto kills lancers in two hits.)

Lua only blocks the way to Jupiter and Europa, so even though it's only at the third planet you can still beat Hek and move on to other planets until you've farmed/crafted enough weapons to beat it. It can be done with excalibur with slash dash spamming and the new mag makes every MD mission a cakewalk, not sure how loki would do solo.

Anyway the point it that the only content Lua blocks is neural sensors, volt, and nova (and of course the missions for those planets). meaning that if you are intent on soloing the entire game you can't make another frame until you beat this mission (neural sensors) however, it's perfectly doable, you just have to go back to it after making some better weapons from playing other planets.

preposterous. clannies and i have done Kiste with a very wide assortment of frames. we've even done it with Saryn/Loki, along with many safer frame combinations.

Er... combinations? I am talking one person do the whole thing, not "Saryn/Loki" combinations."

I mean, I see how it's possible, but it would definitely be the hardest mission to do alone, and most certainly achievable by very few players. Even if you one shot enemies, you need to shoot/cast at the right ones at the right time.

I am curious, what weapon load out you used to do solo Kiste on stuff like Ember?

Edited by konfetarius

Seriously? If you're having trouble with amission, we have a subforum for that where you can recruit players or set up a game with a handful of people. There are many outstanding players willing to help you. PuGs may be the demon's pit, but the recruiting subforum can be seriously helpful if you're stuck.

Heck. Instead of just complaining here, why didn't you just ask for help? I don't have a lot of time, but if you're on later I might be able to help.

Edited by Zh40

solo play lua

Not only is it impossible without a team of Nova's...

And i have a level 30 excal with a orikin cell installed and a bunch of mods.

Challenge Accepted.

So unless DE decide to make this game an offline rpg, you can't solo everything.

Some things are definitely harder to solo than others, but very little content cannot  be soloed.

Only mission I can't solo to at least completion is T3 Defense, and there are far better players than I.

Mobile Defenses are the hardest game mode after Endless defense

Mobile Defenses are harder than the 5 waves needed for completion on most Defense missions.

I can do five waves of Outter Terminus with any frame and any combination of weapons (Grakata, Sicarus, and Skana? No problem!), but I cringe at trying to solo some of the later Mobile Defenses, even with Vauban or Rhino.

Edited by Saenol