Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Missions Impossible?

Delta4575

Went to solo play lua. managed to defend the data when suddenly.

"THERE IS AN ORIKIN PILE OF TRASH HERE AND YOU NEED TO EXPOSE IT AND DEFEND IT"

Then i go to the storage bay and idiotically pull the thing out.(Why not just leave it in the safe UNTIL the team gets there...?)

Proceeded to attempt fend off hoards of random Grineer. Including Seekers, Sawmen, Scorpions and Heavies and the usual grunts.

Lose within the first 10 seconds.

Need i remind you that this is only the THIRD planet and already i've hit mission impossible.

If this was on, say Phobos or something it'd be fine. BUT EARTH. No. No no no no.

Not only is it impossible without a team of Nova's. It also doesn't make much sense. I mean the pod was perfectly safe in the vault. Why did i need to bring it out? I probably would have won if it were simply "Don't let them open the door" 
This is totally absurd. Pulling it from a sealed room where it is perfectly safe out into the open where hoards of armored blood crazed lunatics can use it as target practice.

I've met yet another roadblock with Lith.

And i have a level 30 excal with a orikin cell installed and a bunch of mods.

The point is that Solo shouldn't punish players for not bringing a team. Some people prefer to play alone.

Mobile defence isn't suppose to be soloable especially at the final stage, it is a co-op game after all.  I solo to farm resources or get the first few levels on new weapons/frames, otherwise its pugs.

So unless DE decide to make this game an offline rpg, you can't solo everything.

<p>Some Warframes just aren't meant to be able to solo defense missions and whatnot. Excalibur is a great overall Warframe for general purpose, but some (like Frost and Vauban) are just extremely specialized towards the defense playmode.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Edit: I'd like to edit my first sentence. Warframes that aren't specialized towards defense are extremely difficult to solo defense levels with, not that it is impossible. Sorry about that. </p>

Edited by Cruispleuro

With maxed stretch and continuity your excalibur should have enough crowd control to solo this one. Just make sure your weapons are modded properly as well, and use streamline so you can spam blinding. Hope this helps.

I have continuity, But none of the other mentioned mods.

Mobile defence isn't suppose to be soloable especially at the final stage, it is a co-op game after all.  I solo to farm resources or get the first few levels on new weapons/frames, otherwise its pugs.

So unless DE decide to make this game an offline rpg, you can't solo everything.

The why bother having a solo option in the first place if you're gonna make key missions f*cking impossible without a team? And i DID get through Pacific solo.

You're doing it wrong.

(EDIT: To provide a little more insight, clearly you're doing something wrong. I solo'd my way through most of the game with little trouble. It's meant to be difficult at times, especially for solo.)

Its probably my primary. Its a POS.

Aside from gameplay. This particular portion makes very very little sense. I mean...why not just leave the damn thing in storage until the team that may or may not exist gets there?

lol iv been soloing since closed beta began its not that hard but then again iv a veteran and your new to the game once you get some good mods for your weapons and warframe trust me it won't seem so hard playing safe and thinking also helps ;). If you can help it stealth until you get caught as it let you get farther with out gathering attention.

Mobile/Defense missions are completely unfair to put in the path of progression for this reason; they're not solo friendly. As an experienced player, you couldn't make me do these missions solo as they are currently, they're a frustrating mess unless you have a team.

I can agree on that defense missions are not solo friendly but they are the only ones i do with teammates other wise im solo all the way

not sure about the actual progression of planets anymore, but I had to go from mercury through venus, them uranus, and through Eris as a Loki so that I could get Nyx. Most of it was solo, given that nobody really played eris aside from Xini at the time.

T'was a *@##&#036;, but my Nyx was totally worth it. She's awesome.

Excalibur really isn't the best choice for a mobile defense mission, although his Slash Dash can come in handy for the ones that take place on the Grineer Galleon.

Yeah but for now its all i have.

Until i buy more plat. Don't have the patience to grind for parts.(unless i can't get it any other way)

The radial is also helpful

I solo'd a lot of this game. Give me your complete load out and I'll attempt to play with it, and make suggestions since I can solo even the later planets, but at this point, I do have a lot of good equipment, mods, and frames. I'll see how I do with Excal and your crappy weapons.

And I'll echo that solo is supposed to be harder. It makes sense to be harder. I don't like when games just scale everything up when there's more players, although in some mission types like defense, you'll get more enemy spawns with more players. I think solo should be hardest due to the very nature of it. Two ninjas is better than one.

Edited by gell

Aside from some typos, this is the correct answer!

I don't have hardly any friends that play this game and the ones i have are never online.

And you cannot make me go into a public server.

then I don't think we can help you. I had some sympathy, because I ran into some trouble trying to solo lua with an underleveled ash. but if you think you're too good for random groups, or that random players are terrible people in general, then it looks like we know where the problem really lies. my friends don't play warframe, they're console gamers, but I've had some great runs and made some good friends through random teams. besides, mobile defense, especially on missions like lua (grineer asteroid tileset) are all about co-op. that is, it's the best place for affinity, and pretty good for resources and mods too

You're doing it wrong.

(EDIT: To provide a little more insight, clearly you're doing something wrong. I solo'd my way through most of the game with little trouble. It's meant to be difficult at times, especially for solo.)

And you probably solo'ed pre-Update 9.  Because Defense is one of the tougher mission types for Solo players.  It also depends on the map.

The only Mobile Defense mission that I suspect is nigh impossible to solo without a specific frame is probably Kiste on Ceres (highest level Grineer MD I think?).

The final stretch has enemies coming in from 4 directions, with Bombadeers killing the objective in 4 hits and heavy gunners gib it in in a few seconds of shooting.