The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Lag/dropped frames when you interact with interface elements like the foundry, mods or navigation, also when volt uses 4 and parts of fortuna and profit taker.

HeroProtagon1st

I run the game on a lenovo legion y520 with 7th gen i7 and 1060 gtx.

It used to run this game just fine. With everything maxed out it never dropped below 60 fps but sometime after the profit taker was introduced i started noticing this frame drops when using UI elements like the foundry and mods.

It also started happening around fortuna and orb vallis. Its very noticable in the profit taker fight even though it was just fine before, same with volt 4 in ESO. My most played frame is volt but i stopped playing it because this issue pops randomly.

I reinstalled drivers, even windows, tried playing the game on the lowest settings but the issue is still there.

Has anyone experienced this and found a way to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Yes and it's gotten worse lately.

For me it began with Chimera update and split second freezes in ESO (on some maps, almost always at the same place and time.)
Have been back n forth with support and tried everything.

The only workaround I found was to disable multi-threaded rendering in the launcher. That fixed my ESO micro freezes. Problem being I loose 40-45% of the fps.
I haven't experimentet with if this also helps with the UI lag thats gotten worse lately.

i5 6700k / Gtx 1070

I've been having the excat same issues for a while now, including those pesky freezes in SA/ESO, but it got worse significantly with the profit-taker update. Especially opening the mod terminal can take a while now, which is super annoying. If I don't cap FPS, I get up to 600+ fps in orbiter, but it's still stuttering sometimes no matter if i cap the fps or not, use g-sync, v-sync whatever... also, using context actions like picking up ayatan stars, kuva catalysts etc. is super wonky and delayed, everyone seems to pick those up faster than me and i often have to reposition myself several times in order to even see the dialog. I'm also falling through the floor a lot since that update and get teleported back to spawnpoint for no apparent reason. It's only better if I'm the host, but only as long as no one joins. Please DE, finally do something about these issues, it's been long overdue!

i7-5820K @4.0ghz, GTX 1080, 16 GB DDR4 RAM, 3x SSD, 144Hz Monitor. Win10-64, everything up to date. Located in Germany with decent internet connection.

P.S. please fix the fishing spear bug as well, I couldn't believe how you fixed mesa's butt yesterday, but people are still missing their cetus fishing spears since they've played that buggy first heist mission. I know it's not much standing you need to buy new ones, but please understand, I'm so fed up with cetus bounties and anything cetus in general, that i would really appreciate if i never had to play those again and just get my spears back. thank you.

Edited by WTFlo

I believe a lot of the elements mentioned in the thread are accessed via your internet connection to a server that is probably doing a lot more than waiting around for us to interact with an individual element of our orbiters. For instance, even if they've got SSDs running in an optimal RAID setup in their servers, there will still be some delay between us clicking on foundry, mods, etc and the server responding to our request for resources(in this case, random read and write)

The problem is that the responsiveness of these elements is not fully dependent on the spec of your computer. It's how quickly the server responds. Hope this clarifies things.

Edited by CazadorDeWulf