Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yes, Another Post About Slots

lautalocos

I understood what you meant. My point was you purposfully did this to yourself, and then come and qq about it. Slots are CHEAP.

i could have used them on slots. but i heard steve say in the livestream that they where gonna add ways to get slots without platinum, and that never happened.

i don´t like at all the slot system on this game.

it´s not like other free to play games, like, as an example, neverwinter. in that game you don´t have unlimited slots and you can´t get them free in any way, but the difference between each character class is huge. in warframe, the difference isn´t big.

look at a game like hawken. you don´t have a limit to the characters you can have. look at a game likemplanetside 2. no limit to weapons (it has to characters, but you only need 3, and you have 3 slots).

those games are doing great, and  they are not limitng the players the content they can play.

besides this, when DE releases new content, players can´t try it or give feedback on it because they already have other weapons which they like.

On the other hand, planetside 2 makes you pay 7$ for every weapon, that or two weeks worth of hardcore grinding.

and what about hawken? that game even gives you enough currency to buy 2 characters and some cosmetics.

Edited by lautalocos

But YOU still limited YOURSELF.

You had the opportunity yet chose not to use it.

but i don´t want to pay for something that i feel i must pay in a free to play game. i don´t like it, i won´t support it. that´s the reason i won´t pay for it. if you feel like i should have paid for it, well, i can´t do nothing about it, but it won´t change my opinion

let´s start with my situation:

i have 4 warframe slots, 3 on use: vauban, frost prime, ash and the last one reserved for necro.

i would love to use more warframes, like loki and rhino, but there is no way im selling the ones i already have. NO WAY, end of story. put yourself on my situation, whould you sell vauban after finally getting all the parts from the alerts? would you sell frost after finallt getting his systems BP? would you sell your potatoed, 2 times polarized ash? no, you wouldn´t

i too don´t feel comfortable witht the prices of platinum of the game (but that´s another story), so i wait for a 50% or 75%. in over 100 hours of gameplay i had one time a 50%. ONLY. ONE. TIME. (caps because seriousneseseseses)

i enjoy the game because of the variety of weapons and warframes. but i can`t enjoy the variety because if i sell a weapon i worked to get to level 30 and it´s potatoed, and i don`t like the new weapon, then im screwed.

at this moment, if i play the game i do it because of an event because the new weapon will be free, or to login daily to see if maybe i get that 75% discount, which is not gonna happen, and nothing else.

now, i did pay a little bit of money for platinum, but i used it on cosmetics. why not slots? because i refuse to buy them with my money. i won´t pay for EDIT: something that would block the quantity of content i can enjoy if i wouldn´t pay.

once i get weapons and warframes to feel my slots, and i like each weapon and warframe enough to not sell it, what do i do? selling them is not an option, they took work to make, to level them up, to potato them, and i have fun with them. i don´t want to sell them, get a weapon which seemed fun but ended up being some boring reskin/just not interesting.

tell me DE, is doing this a good idea? making people not try the new content? not enjoy everything the game has to offer?

so, DE, i ask you this. please, please make warframe and weapon slots a possibility without the need of platinum. credits, mastery, i don´t care, just some way to get them.

edit: TL.DR: slots bad. pancakes good.

1 if you look at the login reward table, you will see that plat discount is kinda easy to get,if i remeber correctly it's in the login (20% 50% 75%) for the third day in a row,or even on the first login after a pause, so discount isn't rare.

2 Let me get this straight : you don't want to sell anything you have (and for good reasons) BUT you feel that it's wrong that you must pay the DEV for something as important as slot (i mean come on,every slot is 20 plat, spend 10 bucks in plat and you're good forever!) and that you should somehow deserve to get everything you want,without any compromise (no real money,no selling).That is very childish.

3 And i love your argument on plat :

I can spend it on cosmetic,that's ok, but spending it on something actually VERY USEFUL?That's immoral and i don't want to to that,so dev must give important stuff for creditz!

I got news for you :

- to spend 75 plat on useless stuff or alternate helmets wich can be obtained with patience but not spending 20 miserable plat or even 12 (for 2 weapon slot) for the chance to keep more stuff,and enjoy more of the content is dumb, very subjective and irrational to say the least.§

You literally have no problem in spending WAY MORE for WAY LESS, so why somehow it's hard to spend so little for something so very important to the game experience?

Man up and spend some money, or don't make yourself look like a spoiled brat "I WANT NECRO BUT I DON WANNA PAY OR DO ANYTHING FOR IT, IT SHOULD BE FREE" and don't get necro.

Edited by JusticeJack

Slots are counter-intuitive because the main draw of this game is trying out new warframes/weapons/whatever. By limiting the amount of slots available you are limiting the longevity of your playerbase, meaning that opportunities to make money off of them is significantly reduced. DE doesn't have the foresight to see things like this, however. 

1 if you look at the login reward table, you will see that plat discount is kinda easy to get,if i remeber correctly it's in the login (20% 50% 75%) for the third day in a row,or even on the first login after a pause, so discount isn't rare.

2 Let me get this straight : you don't want to sell anything you have (and for good reasons) BUT you feel that it's wrong that you must pay the DEV for something as important as slot (i mean come on,every slot is 20 plat, spend 10 bucks in plat and you're good forever!) and that you should somehow deserve to get everything you want,without any compromise (no real money,no selling).That is very childish.

3 And i love your argument on plat :

I can spend it on cosmetic,that's ok, but spending it on something actually VERY USEFUL?That's immoral and i don't want to to that,so dev must give important stuff for creditz!

I got news for you :

- to spend 75 plat on useless stuff or alternate helmets wich can be obtained with patience but not spending 20 miserable plat or even 12 (for 2 weapon slot) for the chance to keep more stuff,and enjoy more of the content is dumb, very subjective and irrational to say the least.§

You literally have no problem in spending WAY MORE for WAY LESS, so why somehow it's hard to spend so little for something so very important to the game experience?

Man up and spend some money, or don't make yourself look like a spoiled brat "I WANT NECRO BUT I DON WANNA PAY OR DO ANYTHING FOR IT, IT SHOULD BE FREE" and don't get necro.

1. well, you say they aren´t rare, but i got one 50% discount one time. a 20% 3 times. all of that in over 100 hours.

2. exactly, i don´t feel i should pay for someting important in a free to play game. in a well done free to play games, one should only pay for cosmetics

and with cosmetics i didn´t say helmets, i meant color palletes, which you can´t get without paying (and that´s okay), for the helmets i wait for the alerts

3. i can get nekro, i still have a slot. but i don´t like not being able to enjoy the new content that DE releases because of a stupid limit

1. well, you say they aren´t rare, but i got one 50% discount one time. a 20% 3 times. all of that in over 100 hours.

2. exactly, i don´t feel i should pay for someting important in a free to play game. in a well done free to play games, one should only pay for cosmetics

and with cosmetics i didn´t say helmets, i meant color palletes, which you can´t get without paying (and that´s okay), for the helmets i wait for the alerts

3. i can get nekro, i still have a slot. but i don´t like not being able to enjoy the new content that DE releases because of a stupid limit

Well, since you play for free the game, i think that if you like it,is kinda irrational to NOT use money for increasing slots THUS playing the game at it's fullest.

I mean,yes, tf2 works with only cosmetic,but warframe NEED the microtransaction for slots,forma or low plat stuff like catalyst.

What do you thinks feed the most?Cheap important stuff or costly useless or otherwise obtainable stuff?

Slots aren't mandatory neither,nobody says that you should have 3-4 "main" frames at a time or more without having to pay for it, dev already give any player two slots.A very few,but at least one for the main,the other for mastery ranking or the second most loved frame for that player.

I still say that you should take a look at the drop table.They are common but ONLY for earlier "login streak", if you login every day since a week you will never or almost never get a discount.Just don't login one day and you will surely get it the days following.

So in short :

You don't feel to pay for useful,cheap (I REPEAT CHEAP) stuff (that somehow isn't obligatory to have, so in reality you should have no problem to buy those) yet you feel like it's your right to have all the slots in the world without a cent or sacrificing anything. Still sound childish to me.

Big news,we have unlimited item slots.That is not usual in games nor unimportant.IT's amazing especially in grindy games like warframe.Immagine to have restricted item slot.

Edited by JusticeJack

Well, since you play for free the game, i think that if you like it,is kinda irrational to NOT use money for increasing slots THUS playing the game at it's fullest.

I mean,yes, tf2 works with only cosmetic,but warframe NEED the microtransaction for slots,forma or low plat stuff like catalyst.

What do you thinks feed the most?Cheap important stuff or costly useless or otherwise obtainable stuff?

Slots aren't mandatory neither,nobody says that you should have 3-4 "main" frames at a time or more without having to pay for it, dev already give any player two slots.A very few,but at least one for the main,the other for mastery ranking or the second most loved frame for that player.

I still say that you should take a look at the drop table.They are common but ONLY for earlier "login streak", if you login every day since a week you will never or almost never get a discount.Just don't login one day and you will surely get it the days following.

So in short :

You don't feel to pay for useful,cheap (I REPEAT CHEAP) stuff (that somehow isn't obligatory to have, so in reality you should have no problem to buy those) yet you feel like it's your right to have all the slots in the world without a cent or sacrificing anything. Still sound childish to me.

Big news,we have unlimited item slots.That is not usual in games nor unimportant.IT's amazing especially in grindy games like warframe.Immagine to have restricted item slot.

i don´t say they should eliminate the microtransactions, just add a way to get them besides platinum, even if it needs lots, LOTS of work.

slots aren´t mandatory, but noy having them is really, really bothersome. as i said, if DE releases new content, i can´t try it because of slots. i could sell my weapons or warframes, but i like them, and i i want to try something new i don´t like thinking "what do i like less?". besides, as you said, this is a grindy game. i need something (weapons or warframes) to help me break the monotony. as i can´t try something new, the game ends up boring me. and im not the only one that ends up bored. this happens, and will happen, to many players. and it will slowly hurt the game more than it helps it with the money from slots.

i will try to not login some day, but they really should fix that if the discounts are only easily found in the first login streak.

about the unlimited item slots:

first, the existance of the unlimited item slots doesn´t mean that the other slots (the warframe and weapons slots) are fine because we have other slots (item slots) which are free. 

in fact, if this game had limited item slots, i wouldn´t even touch it, it would be crazy with the amount of items in this game and if DE had 2 brain cells to rub togheter they wouldn´t do it. so no, don´t congratulate them for having free item slots, because that´s not something they did because of off kindness, they did because then the game wouldn´t have most of it´s playerbase

If slots take priority over cosmetics then cosmetics should be made obtainable by some other rewarding way.

Hypothetically, if the alert system ever gets fixed, Cosmetics could be in the same Super Rare category that Orokin Catalysts and Reactors SHOULD be in, heck maybe they could even be an Ultra Rare.

The only issue I have with slots is that there should be AT LEAST two slots for starting players, not one.

I have no qualms about the Inventory slots, those are fine as they are with pricing and stuff.

and most importantly, I think there should be a limit to the number of slots players can have

Warframes: 10

Weapons: 40

Now of course this limits customization, but there are many who simply just level a set of weapons up to 30 and then sell them. Warframe isn't a big game yet, but I could possibly see how this could become a problem in future releases.

But that's then, and this is now.

Trust me, there are people who have more than that.

but I'm not one of those peeple, no money :<

Edited by DarknightK

TF2 is a really bad comparison.

TF2 used to be a paid for game. They got all the money back and more to cover production costs. Then it went f2p. Plus it is backed by Valve, who run Steam, so there is a massive financial backing already in place.

Planetside 2 is also a bad comparison as to get new weapons/vehicles/equipment takes a LOOOOONG time. They make their money off exp boosters.

In Warframe, you can get any weapon and most frames with ease, and you can get them to max level in a day. They make their money off slots, potatoes and forma. So unless they change their business model, it ain't gonna happen. Even if they give some slots with mastery rank, it won't be many, maybe a slot every 4 mastery ranks if your lucky.

The only issue I have with slots is that there should be AT LEAST two slots for starting players, not one.

You start the game with 50 plat. Maybe new players should be clued up before wasting it, i dunno, maybe something in-game that highly recommends getting slots rather than other stuff.

Alternativley, just get rid of starting plat and give extra slots instead.

Edited by Shifty_Shuffler

i don´t say they should eliminate the microtransactions, just destroy the 30% (or more) of their income.

slots aren´t mandatory, but noy having them is really, really bothersome. as i said, if DE releases new content, i can´t try it because of slots. i could sell my weapons or warframes, but i like them, and i i want to try something new i don´t like thinking "what do i like less?". besides, as you said, this is a grindy game. i need something (weapons or warframes) to help me break the monotony. as i can´t try something new, the game ends up boring me. and im not the only one that ends up bored. this happens, and will happen, to many players. and it will slowly hurt the game more than it helps it with the money from slots.

Fixed

Also : So you're that guy that can't drop anything right?

Well,guys like you will preferably spend money (i repeat,it's a pathetic 20 plat, for the lotus, it's so damn cheap) than stop playing a game where they spent more money on other stuff and grind tons of hours.

So no, people will 99% pay a little price for having more options to play the game rather than go "oh,ok i played for 300 h and spent 20 bucks on it,but i can't possibile bear the immorality of spending 5 more bucks even if i like the game, i will quit".

So your whole "i will get bored and other will so it will hurt the game more than it helps it" it's very very unlikely.

Fixed

Also : So you're that guy that can't drop anything right?

Well,guys like you will preferably spend money (i repeat,it's a pathetic 20 plat, for the lotus, it's so damn cheap) than stop playing a game where they spent more money on other stuff and grind tons of hours.

So no, people will 99% pay a little price for having more options to play the game rather than go "oh,ok i played for 300 h and spent 20 bucks on it,but i can't possibile bear the immorality of spending 5 more bucks even if i like the game, i will quit".

So your whole "i will get bored and other will so it will hurt the game more than it helps it" it's very very unlikely.

do you even know how much they get? show me please where does it say how much do they win from slots, because i want to see it. i mean, you obviously have something from which you get that information, right?

you said: "So no, people will 99% pay a little price for having more options to play the game"

i don´t think they HAVE to pay for more options to play the game, because trying a new play style (warframe or weapon) means getting rid of another, which is really bad because this game is grindy, and i would hate to get a new weapon, sell the other, and grind with the new wepaon to get the one i just sold because i didn´t like the new weapon.

i said this a hundred times, i can pay for the slots, i just don´t think that i should feel the need to pay for the slots in a free-to-play game with a good free to play system. i said the reasons of why i think this and i won´t waste my breath anymore on you. bye bye.

Hey Seeker. I do not have this problem myself but I certainly sympathize with you about selling the equipment. I know this will continue to be a problem with many other players as well. So I created a suggestion/idea post as a solution to this issue. Please read, enjoy, and support the idea.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/104742-suggestion-for-inventory-alternative-to-selling/#entry1209814

Edited by Calik0