Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Shadow Realm"- Star chart re-discovery *New Content*

Steinsoldat

Spoiler Alert for "Second Dream", 'Limbo Theorem" and "Chains of Harrow" quests ! Do not read  further if you have not played those yet and you like lore discovery.

Hi everyone, I make this little pitch topic just for fun and hope that there are Tenno out there who would like to see something of this nature in our future Warframe content. Please if you like it at the end of the read, hit the like button so this thread gets more attention on the forums. Thank you Tenno !

The concept is simple : give the community a reason to progress the star chart once again, this time in operator mode and with very different mission reward table.

Mission Story behind it would be based on the lore from quests of Second Dream (Operator origins), Limbo Theorem (Rift walking and different realities / Time traveling ?), Chains of Harrow ( existence of the dark entity behind the Veil of the Void - Mr. Void and his realm of Darkness or Shadow who tends to visit us in our Orbiter on irregular basis) .

Mission design : Reversed Void Fissures style Combined with Survival and Interception mode. The Tenno Operators are separated from their Warframes and sucked in to the Void portal and have to complete X Y Z objective to get out of the Shadow Realm, back to their reality.

In order to survive in the Void realm however,  during this mission , the Tenno are forced to search out the Focus nodes / Focus Wells along as they go through the mission objective. Remember no warframe , just operators. Also, since there are no warframes to return to when the Operator is "downed", in stead of Transference debuff , the Tenno are returned to the last Focus Well location they visited. These Focus Wells have to be unlocked and kept unlocked by proximity of the Tenno ( Interception objective style ). If the Tenno loose control of all the Focus Wells , they loose the ability to reform in the Void Realm after they are downed, and wont be able to "respawn" untill they regain at least one Focus Well node. **Death timer lenght may be based on the number of Focus Wells controlled.**

The starter mission  for this new mission type would be on Earth, then by unlocking the Void Realm version of the  Solar system , Tenno can go and unlock more difficult missions with better rewards and get some healthy chunk of lore behind each planet unlocked ( I personally would welcome any echoes of the Orokin citizenship talking about their daily lives for example while in the Void Realm, pure audio...).      

Mission Goal and Rewards : Give the player base a different option for farming the Focus for their Focus schools and talent trees and also give them reason to invest time in to Amp build variety. The rewards will be in a form of abundant Focus gain, multiplied by the planet difficulty, not by the type of Focus lens used + Operator related item here and there as a lucky find (similar to Ayatan Statues in a regular missions) . NO mods , NO resources on the loot table.

Edited by Steinsoldat
  • Like 1

i Liked your topic and i got some extra for it , what about a Tau system where you fight sentients both Realms would be amazing to progress on , and in general if you are talking about extra content maybe a new quests about Ordis lore , Stalker , and they bring back Raids in an updated version or something.

Edited by BlLazZinGz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)CaitaZatomi said:

I'm super down for some Operator only content. I wanna feel like all the eidolon farming and Operator attack abilities mean something. They really wouldn't even have to elevate levels that much since they don't have to worry about balancing for different Warframes.

I think operator only content could be neat, but I think it'd need to come with improved accessibility to the operator system. As it stands getting a decent amp and leveling up your focus is kind of a huge chore if you aren't heavily into PoE stuff.

• Like 1

On 2019-01-11 at 9:06 AM, BlLazZinGz said:

i Liked your topic and i got some extra for it , what about a Tau system where you fight sentients both Realms would be amazing to progress on , and in general if you are talking about extra content maybe a new quests about Ordis lore , Stalker , and they bring back Raids in an updated version or something.

As i recall, Sentients are unable to enter the Void or survive in it...except for Natah ( which is a conundrum for me ).

• Like 1

On 2019-01-12 at 12:46 AM, Elementalos said:

I think operator only content could be neat, but I think it'd need to come with improved accessibility to the operator system. As it stands getting a decent amp and leveling up your focus is kind of a huge chore if you aren't heavily into PoE stuff.

The access to Amp armory (Cetus or Fortuna) and materials required to build an Amp is getting easier and easier with each new Fortuna content. Besides , point of this Shadow-realm mission type is to improve Focus farming experience and give the Tenno a reason to invest more time in to expanding their Operator weaponry and Focus school tree ( Not just build best Eidolon killer AMP and be done ).

To be more specific : During these missions , Operators will have the Focus "buff" constantly ON them , and they Fail the mission if all of them Loose Access to it and get downed { Focus Wells } . So the over all Focus gain should be substantial  - the only thing that will keep this Focus farm reasonably at bay, is the Daily Focus gain cap, that is in game right now. 

At least that is how i would like it to be.

Edited by Steinsoldat
  • Like 1