Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino's Iron Skin - Getting The Facts Straight.

FiOth

Question

Since I started playing Rhino I've always been perplexed about the utility of his Iron Skin. The fact that it actually turns him invulnerable up to a certain ammount of dmg made improving his shield/health/armour pools pretty secondary to my eyes. I've been wondering though, does having high armour actually affect the resilience of the Skin as well? Can anyone confirm it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Iron Skin used to be affected by armor, but that was a bug and was fixed a few updates back.

Iron Skin also has, or had, the oddity of removing the damage multiplier in Nightmare missions, but I am not sure if this was fixed or not.

Anyway, no, armor does not improve Iron Skin.

as far as I have been able to read and find out the amount of damage protected from by iron skin is an absolute, nothing improves the amount at this point in time, armour doesn't lower the amount of damage done to iron skin either, its always a set amount

Not trying to doubt you man. Just trying to get some solid info.

Same here. Wiki fails a lot, so if you have a better source of info, it'll be much appreciated. If it is your own experience, it is based on numbers or just you feeling there isn't any difference? I play with Rhino mainly, but don't know how to test this properly.

Same here. Wiki fails a lot, so if you have a better source of info, it'll be much appreciated. If it is your own experience, it is based on numbers or just you feeling there isn't any difference? I play with Rhino mainly, but don't know how to test this properly.

Find some low-level charger, test its damage on your shields, use IS and count strikes.

I would be happy if some1 can correct me. Rhino: Iron Skin - 400,600,800,1200 damage caps. Removed timer. - patch notes from 8.3. so logically =

rank 0 = 400, rank 1 = 600 rank 2 = 800, rank 3 = 1200 so where does focus come in?

Er...because Focus improves Power Strength?

Iron Skin takes 1200 damage to break, without Focus. I've always understood that Focus increases the damage limit, it also says as such on the wiki.

I've not played Rhino nearly as much as Banshee or Nova but I've always felt Iron Skin lasted longer on average with Focus plugged in. No numbers, no source, just a gut feeling on my behalf!

don't believe everything u read on wiki. best is to wait for next live stream and put it in for clarification as the skill still says boosting its ability increases duration ( which needs to be fixed)  as far as i know a cap is a cap.

Edited by bosstnt

don't believe everyting u read on wiki

Instead, believe everything someone on a forum says?

Makes sense.

Yeah, wiki has been wrong, doesn't mean it's inevitably wrong. In the end until sources, official sources, are provided? We won't know.

Instead, believe everything someone on a forum says?

Makes sense.

Yeah, wiki has been wrong, doesn't mean it's inevitably wrong. In the end until sources, official sources, are provided? We won't know.

try to read my last post. u just confirmed it.

Just tested it, probably for the 1000th time...and once again Focus is obviously increasing the damage cap of Iron Skin, just like it should.

Failed at 11 strikes from a rank 25 charger without Focus, failed with less damage making it through after 14 strikes with Focus, same rank 25 charger.

I would be happy if some1 can correct me. Rhino: Iron Skin - 400,600,800,1200 damage caps. Removed timer. - patch notes from 8.3. so logically =

rank 0 = 400, rank 1 = 600 rank 2 = 800, rank 3 = 1200 so where does focus come in?

Focus applies directly to those numbers. +30% power strength from Rank 5 Focus is 1560 damage absorbed by Rank 3 Iron Skin.

don't believe everything u read on wiki. best is to wait for next live stream and put it in for clarification as the skill still says boosting its ability increases duration ( which needs to be fixed)  as far as i know a cap is a cap.

English isn't your first language is it?

Don't get so hung up on semantics. The description is correct, and Focus increases the damage cap.

Seriously?

The game is the most official source you can get, and there is nothing in the game that cannot be demonstrated and tested in the game.

but what about shields, does armor affect the shields or just the incoming damage for hp?

Just health.

Shields do not benefit from armor. I used to for a short time, but that was a bug, and it was corrected. It's in the patch notes, and you can test it yourself.

Edited by Saenol

Focus increases the damage absorbed (30%) 1200 > 1560

Armour, shields, vitality have no effect on Iron skin.

Iron skin makes you immune to CC and disruption, also gives you a bit of taunt meaning enemies will come for you.

You can not recast iron skin until it has fully worn off (which is a shame)

The iron skin animation on your warframe shows roughly how much damage it has left. A really battered iron skin has little reduction left, fresh cast has everything intact.

That's about all the facts.