Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hard Mode!bring It!

SniffYoBunnies

Before you go "We already have nighmare!" and "Great.more HP and Dmg for enemies!"

Let me tell you...

NO

-----------------------------

This will be a toggle option in the settings wich will make all missions go into HARDMODE

But you will not be facing enemies with more HP,Damage and Armor

Instead their attributes will be buffed,new ones will be added and they WILL be more difficult.

So here is what´s gonna happen when you activate HARDCORE mode -achieveble after Mastery 7- and go do a Mercury mission.

-ALL Grineer enemy types will be in each mission!Same goes for Corpus and Infested missions.

-Ammo drops will only give you 1/5 the ammo!

-Auras are deactivated.Only their effect thou,not the mod cap. bonus

-Containers no longer give you 50 energy,but only the standard 25 eng.

And now to what enemies will have changed:

GRINEER LANCER:

He will no longer be THROWING grenades....at walls.Now he will launch them smartly from his UNDERBARREL ´NADE LAUNCHER!

GRINEER TROOPER:Increased shotgun ammo capacity and slower reload time.Also,insted of a riffle butt punch,he does a kick which will knock you down if your stamina is below 25%.

GRINNEER SHIELD LANCER:

His shield is MUCH bigger,and his Viper will now shoot through a VERY small hole.You will need to either knock these guys down,or get around ´em

GRINNEER SCORPION:Can now LEAP at you,knocking you down.Also,she will spawn in PACKS...of 5....*evil laugh*

GRINNEER COMMANDER:Will ahve his Grakata replaced with a Hek and a Amphis for lose quarter combat.Can deploy a weak Electric Shield.

GRINNEER SEEKER:Can now deploy a Bounce pad,Rollers and can teleport nearby enemies to you.

GRINNEER ROLLERS:Their explosion will now damage and stagger you,so keep ´em at a distance!

GRINNEER FLAMEBLADES:....Oh man you ain´t gonna like this...INVISIBILITY POWERS!

-There...phew MAN MY HANDS HUSRT FROM THAT TYPING....I think I´ll write down the Corpus and Infested faction changes down into the comment section if I´ll find the time to do so.

Anyway if you wanna see this idea grow,click the little green arrow in the bottom corner of my post!Thank you Tenno <3

Now for Corpus!:

PROD CREWMEN:

They are able to charge up their prod stick,indicating by a flashing light on it´s top,wich will electrocute you,staggering you for some time adn doing high damage.

SNIPER CREWMEN:

Can change to their Spectra once enganged in close quarters.

SHIELD OSPREY:

Will become equipped with Shade´s Burts-Laser Pistol.

MINE OSPREYS:

Indicated by a bright white light from their nose,they will shoot a volley of 3 rockets,simillar tot he once Raptor shoots.They can only do this once,and will mostly attempt it at first-sight

SHOCKWAVE MOAs:Have their Shock Ring changed to the unescapable Grinneer Seiscmic wave.Also,they are equiped with a Supra.

RAILGUN MOAs:Can shoot a 3 second duration beam of intense heat,doing hig damage over time similar to the Flux Rifle beam.

MOAs:If encountered at close quarters,they will atempt to kick you,doing damage adn staggering you.Also have a chance to appear as Prod MOAs,wich are 3x times faster and eal high electrical damage

CORPUS TECH:Can throw Laser Mines,and revive fallen MOAs.Also,his helmet is COMPLETELY bulletproof,only bypassable by special rounds suck as Snipetron Vandal rounds,or rockets.

LEECH OSPREYS:Also get a Laser Pistol,and they now launch THREE leeches at once.The more leeches are on you,the faster your Shields will deplete!

STAY TUNED FOR THE INFECTED FACTION!

you've changed every single enemy, when it seems the simple way to make 'hardmode' would be....

Grineer

all enemies are replaced by Napalms. +50% of the enemies before will now be added on as rollermines.

Corpus

50% of enemies are Corpus Techs. the other 50% are Shockwave MOA's. +50% of the enemies before will be now added on as shield drones. (yes, entire herds of shield drones) +25% of the enemies before will be added on as Fusion MOA's.

Infested

50% of enemies replaced with Toxic Ancients. 50% of enemies replaced with Ancient Disruptors. +75% of the enemies before will now be added on as runners.

that, plus Auras disabled and reduced container pickups.

oh, players also take 2x damage and deal 0.4x damage. 

does it sound dumb yet? i hope so.

i don't think this genre of game is where difficulty settings fit. 

however, having enemies be more varied(possible sub models of some enemy types?) and improving their AI to actually respond to Tenno action, would make Warframe more challenging as it is. without trying to split the player base with difficulty settings. 

Nice to see all of these positive comments and constructive critiques!

You guessed it....INFESTED:

CHARGER:

Has got thick armor on his back,which is the top we normally shoot at,his underbelly now being the weakpoint.It can now leap at you much like the Leaper and has a telegraphed "Bear Claw" Downward Slam wich does high damage and knocks you down.

RUNNER:

Has a rare chance of spawning as a "Toxic Runner".Now don´t worry,that won´t mean more poisonous clouds,instead he will leave a small "trace" of poison behind him,which you can walk into.Also if he explodes,he will divide into several limbs that will claw you for a short time after dissapearing or being killed.

LEAPER:Is MUCH faster and can now jump ONTO THE FRIKIN´ CEILING!It can also use a double leg kick which will knock both of you down.

ALL ANCIENTS:Can now throw themselves onto you to deal high damage and knock you down.Also,Healers can send a Yellow Spore onto you,which will suck down your shields,then your health,and will add it to the closest enemy.Toxic ancients can summon small toxic clouds in their place.

CRAWLERS:Their nametags when you target them won´t be indicated anymore,making them hard to distunquish among the pile of bodies.Also,if you are sprinting and your stamina is below 25%,you will trip over them and fall.

A good idea overall - I would say implement this rather than Nightmare mode once a Solar System is completed, with the option to turn it off.

You should post a link to it in this thread, or I'd be willing to do it for you:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/92326-we-need-endgame-and-a-challenge-what-do-we-expect-for-warframes-future/

The thread is long, but has a lot more good ideas for increasing Challenge in the game.  Check it out OP, if you haven't.

A good idea overall - I would say implement this rather than Nightmare mode once a Solar System is completed, with the option to turn it off.

You should post a link to it in this thread, or I'd be willing to do it for you:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/92326-we-need-endgame-and-a-challenge-what-do-we-expect-for-warframes-future/

The thread is long, but has a lot more good ideas for increasing Challenge in the game.  Check it out OP, if you haven't.

It would be an honour to be in that thread.You might do it for me if you wish for this idea to grow.Anyway,many thanks if you decide to do so.