Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Desecrate Shouldn't Drop Mods And Resources

DeadlyNerd

Yeah but so what if you get an extra 5 magazine warps or ammo drums in a mission. It's still probably based on the same loot drop table. Plus all players will get to pick up the mods. So it's no like the Nekros player is at sme kind of advantage. I really don't see this ability constantly giving out rare cores and mods. To be honest you can walk out of a Grineer mobile defense with something like 30-40 mods each run 10-15 mins. A few more mods isn't going to break the game. But hey that's my thinking and you're entitled to your's as well.

Obviously this will only give blue prints, orokin cells, 5 gold fusion cores, and rares only collectible by Nekros. Also the new sentinel made specifically to collect resources will do nothing.

Yeah but so what if you get an extra 5 magazine warps or ammo drums in a mission. It's still probably based on the same loot drop table. Plus all players will get to pick up the mods. So it's no like the Nekros player is at sme kind of advantage. I really don't see this ability constantly giving out rare cores and mods. To be honest you can walk out of a Grineer mobile defense with something like 30-40 mods each run 10-15 mins. A few more mods isn't going to break the game. But hey that's my thinking and you're entitled to your's as well.

My point isn't that it's unfair that Nekros gives loot with his abilities, but that it's not a good design decision that an ability gives loot.

Nobody should be forced having a specific frame in their group just so their run could be optimal loot wise.

1 more free mod is breaking the game because it's not what abilities should be allowing players to do.

Ya equip Nekros then you'll have it and have no reason to complain about it... If you don't want it don't equip it...

Reread what you quoted. Twice if needed because you missed the mark by several light years.
Edited by DeadlyNerd

Take orthos.

Start infested endless.

Profit?!

Your reasoning is immature and belongs to CoD and WoW.(YES I'm talking about the last sentence)

> Start infested endless

> Spam skill that costs likely 75energy (Being a slot-3 and all)

> die because you can't ult

> Lose all profit.

Yeah, seems sound, why don't i just shelve my ember with her basically perma WOF and take nekros. /sarcasm

My point isn't that it's unfair that Nekros gives loot with his abilities, but that it's not a good design decision that an ability gives loot.

Nobody should be forced having a specific frame in their group just so their run could be optimal loot wise.

1 more free mod is breaking the game because it's not what abilities should be allowing players to do.

My point isn't that it's unfair that master thief/thief's wit gives loot, but that it's not a good design decision that a mod gives loot.

Nobody should be forced having a specific mod on their frame just so their run could be optimal loot wise.

1 more free mod is breaking the game because it's not what mods should be allowing players to do.

See? And you've still given no reason what is wrong besides its "not fair."

Edited by immolator1001

My point isn't that it's unfair that master thief/thief's wit gives loot, but that it's not a good design decision that a mod gives loot.

Nobody should be forced having a specific mod on their frame just so their run could be optimal loot wise.

1 more free mod is breaking the game because it's not what mods should be allowing players to do.

It's not really free loot, it costs energy.

Energy that, in a team or solo, is better spent on CC (Terrify) or Damage + Support (Shadows)

You're not going to see anyone other than stupid people running around say, a T3 spamming that power, simply because the raw damage power of his ult is likely on par with World on fire (In that once used, the ult doesn't require input from the user to keep doing damage)

One thing is being better at killing, another is getting free extra loot.

Getting loot with abilities just doesn't feel right.

Your not getting for entierly free. you do spend energy doing it, and that could mean death in some situations

Also, you really do sound silly saying this shouldn't happen, as it suits Nekros's theme perfectly, and gives him something unique to go by. Search a CORPSE for extra drops... death related. Sounds perfectly viable and is a useful ability.

Thief's Wit does not grant any additional loot in any capacity, it just makes loot more readily visible to the player.

Master Thief is a mod, which can be equipped on any frame.  Therefore, the shift in gameplay balance is far lower, since you get 10 mod slots as opposed to 4 power slots, and again, it can be equipped onto any frame.  Additionally, it only works on lockers, which do not drop BPs/Mods, so this only affects the resources.  Basically, its impact and unique dynamic is far lesser.

It's not really free loot, it costs energy.

Energy that, in a team or solo, is better spent on CC (Terrify) or Damage + Support (Shadows)

You're not going to see anyone other than stupid people running around say, a T3 spamming that power, simply because the raw damage power of his ult is likely on par with World on fire (In that once used, the ult doesn't require input from the user to keep doing damage)

I was sarcastically restating his argument in a way that showed it didn't make sense that he agreed with the mods but not with the power. Sorry.

> Start infested endless

> Spam skill that costs likely 75energy (Being a slot-3 and all)

> die because you can't ult

> Lose all profit.

Yeah, seems sound, why don't i just shelve my ember with her basically perma WOF and take nekros. /sarcasm

First, streamline brings that down to 50. Second, mobs drop energy orbs. Third, ability makes energy orbs drop. Fourth, orthos is 1shotting everything but ancients.

Profit's still all there.

Master thief/thief's wit can be attached to any warframe(that's, out of 8 slots, you have only 4 warframe slots per group however stupid this comparison sounded, but you asked for it). This ability comes with only 1 warframe.

Sarcasm? More like clueless.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

Thief's Wit does not grant any additional loot in any capacity, it just makes loot more readily visible to the player.

Master Thief is a mod, which can be equipped on any frame.  Therefore, the shift in gameplay balance is far lower, since you get 10 mod slots as opposed to 4 power slots, and again, it can be equipped onto any frame.  Additionally, it only works on lockers, which do not drop BPs/Mods, so this only affects the resources.  Basically, its impact and unique dynamic is far lesser.

It works in the void on those little containers that have mods and shows you hidden ones that you didn't know were there, in your perception it just appeared.

All warframes should only have slash dash... just named something different even though it's exactly the same skill... you know... for variety.

I mean...

1.) the frame is not out yet so we don't have true confirmation mods / mats will drop for starters; You can say the video sure, but it's not like we've never seen video footage from alpha state before; they may well have removed that.

2.) If it does drop mods and such, it will drop FOR THE WHOLE PARTY.

3.) Most of the longer-term players, like myself, are absolutely swimming in tons of mods anyways... so what harm will really come of opening up more loot?

I swear, people complain about EVERYTHING.

If DE gave everyone 50 plat for free the forums would be on fire about why it wasn't 100 or I just bought plat I should get a refund blah blah blah.

Edited by Blatantfool

I mean...

1.) the frame is not out yet so we don't have true confirmation mods / mats will drop for starters; You can say the video sure, but it's not like we've never seen video footage from alpha state before; they may well have removed that.

2.) If it does drop mods and such, it will drop FOR THE WHOLE PARTY.

3.) Most of the longer-term players, like myself, are absolutely swimming in tons of mods anyways... so what harm will really come of opening up more loot?

1) There is a video showing what the ability does. Get a clue.

2) So you'd force people to play Nekros cause you want more loot? You would? Fuhrer says hi.

3) So your opinion is completely based on your selfishness. I'm awestruck by your wisdom.

Honestly, up until you and a few others started spewing troll thoughts, replies were somewhat constructive.

It works in the void on those little containers that have mods and shows you hidden ones that you didn't know were there, in your perception it just appeared.

You won't be able to get to those containers anyway if the instance isn't setup that way. Also, if you know all of the loot spots, you don't need thief's wit. Master thief only works on lockers, and doesn't provide extra loot from urns.
Edited by DeadlyNerd

Meh, i dont care if its fair or unfair, but its a frame getting out of the doors with a dead skill (no pun intended) when he could have some amazing other power in its place, you know...to actually kill people .

It's a 3 skills frame, lets hope those will be good.

Edited by Egioh

Classism exists in warframe because people perceive things as being better than they are.

The only arguable one is frost, because you do pretty much need a frost for any defense map currently, especially set-wave ones, as globes ability to block bullets stops things like heavies and snipers from one-shotting the pod from across the map

Nekro gives more loot, but again, if he's blowing his energy to give you more mods versus spawning healers, heavies, shield drones, etc. (Which are all more valuable than loot in high level defense) or he's trying to spam both, he's putting himself at unneccessary strain and risk for the benefit of more loot.

Overall, he's not out yet, the power is thematic, and nobody knows the drop chance (Betting mods are a .5% or lower chance per cast using standard drops, so yay for reach mods all day long)

So unless it's spitting out rare mods and ammo mutations every cast, who really gives a care that it gives loot? More shiny for us.

I'm inclined to agree with the OP.  I think Desecrate should only drop health, energy and ammo.  Nekros looks to be a hybrid or utility frame.  By allowing Desecrate to also give more mods I get the feeling it will be relegated to being "that loot frame"... which is a bad thing in my opinion.

I'm inclined to agree with the OP.  I think Desecrate should only drop health, energy and ammo.  Nekros looks to be a hybrid or utility frame.  By allowing Desecrate to also give more mods I get the feeling it will be relegated to being "that loot frame"... which is a bad thing in my opinion.

faaalch, think about this:

Would you rather have nekro spamming his ult and Desecrate (which just gives loot)

Or nekro spamming his ult and Terrify (that makes everything take more damage and run away from you?)

I know which one i'd rather see in a t3 defense or wave 30+ outer terminus, that's for bloody sure.