Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery rank 16 to 17 level design and orb spawn is horrible

SgtDoss

So i've tried that thing in training, never made it(mr 17 test- 16-17). Tried the level up test multiple time, never made it. Looked at the next mastery ranks tests and they're easy peezy. So after that i wont have problem and the 16 previous where fine i never complain or tried more than twice maybe 3 a couple of times.

The orb spawn with the level design make it way too hard. I have a frame with 1.3 speed, i can kill enemies in a mili second. I just don't have time to reach the orbs.

Most of the time the orb to add time, spawn on a different floor and either have to jump in the void, respawn or go around which take too long.(spawn right under me multiple time, or over me with nothing to propulsive me)

I have like 7 seconds to reach them if i hit the first 2 the first second they spawn. And taking the way around takes longer. I cannot jump in the void and mid air do a 180 and bullet-jump midair to land under where i was.

Example. Nothing around, no walls, orb is lower level under my floor.

So that's my feedback, this test is way too harsh. To the point i decided to stay MR16 while i could bump to 20+ from all my grinding.

It seems like it ask me to pick the fastest frame, with rush, and exilus mod and all the speed i can find plus riven mods and everything just for this test.

Or there's something i'm missing and it's quite easy if i can like jump from a floor and in mid air stop/bullet jump back the way i came from. Top, jump down in void bullet jump midway back to where you were but on lower floor.

From youtube videos, nobody got those weird spawn so i can't find out how to do it. Maybe it's just the game deciding to hinder my progress with those weird orb spawns.

Still thta mr16 to 17 is too harsh for nothing, we ain't all mvp monkeys 🙂

Edited by SgtDoss

i found this test really easy. i just ran it with what ever i had equipped. some strategies for it include frames with abilities that can hit a wide area (ember, octavia) and just going after the orbs, fast wide range melee, or just use the sprint mod and a primary/secondary that hit a wide area.

My advice/question Do you have a frame with persistent AOE like World on fire or maim from equinox the enemies because then you can breeze though it 

if i recall the enemies are very weak so don't to build that high in damage range/efficiency would do you more favors the once thats done the test is simplified into melee orbs when the game marks them 

i did it with equinox colored so i defaulted to day cast maim and went to the marked orb and went about my business even a default gear tenno can do it seems you might be over thinking it

edit spelling mistakes

Edited by seprent

They key is to chase the orbs, not the kills - you can take as long as you like overall provided you keep time on the clock through the orbs

Focus on the orbs and getting to the orbs and nothing else.  Kill enemies on your way but only as passing (something with a high range is perfect for this, most of the polearms and whips are best. I used an atterax, but the Guandao, Cassowar are also good choices).  By focusing on the orbs, you'll build up a bit of time in the bank AND a crowd of enemies following you, allowing you to take out a large group of them very rapidly once you have a little time in hand....ad if this isn't enough to end the test, go back to orb chasing.

You can do it with AoE frames too (as mentioned, Equinox trivialises this), but this basic strategy should see you through.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)Voidkraken said:

They key is to chase the orbs, not the kills - you can take as long as you like overall provided you keep time on the clock through the orbs

Focus on the orbs and getting to the orbs and nothing else.  Kill enemies on your way but only as passing (something with a high range is perfect for this, most of the polearms and whips are best. I used an atterax, but the Guandao, Cassowar are also good choices).  By focusing on the orbs, you'll build up a bit of time in the bank AND a crowd of enemies following you, allowing you to take out a large group of them very rapidly once you have a little time in hand....ad if this isn't enough to end the test, go back to orb chasing.

You can do it with AoE frames too (as mentioned, Equinox trivialises this), but this basic strategy should see you through.

I will give the OP credit that, it still feels pretty stupid having to do it like this, it's basically just hard for hard's sake which while not bad, it makes one feel rather foolish for jumping Hoops, like with Superman 64 where you're flying through hoops to increase your very short timer. It's not as bad as that game though, but you can definitely see the similarities.

Maybe some community challenges could be selected by DE for better and harder challenges, as the rank tests go higher up. MR Tests tend to be quite underwhelming for the most part, with only a few outliers cranking up the difficulty.

Edited by toxicitzi