Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, The Soma...

AfroGamerNinja

So it's a super weak rifle with an insane crit rate?

Okay, what the hell? I had hoped that this would be a more powerfull AR to the Braton series, with the new one being closer to a heavy assault rifle having slower firing speed but more punch.

Now according to you it's just the Tenno cousin of the Grakata. All that while still having that incredibly stupid magazine that is blocking the users sight.

Well, i build mine, so i go see it for myself.

Using the DPS calculator in the Players Helping Players section, the Soma, when fully modded with a crit build is on par with the Supra for a fully modded rainbow build. In fact, it is probably better since it has 2 V polarities and the elemental damage is reduced at higher levels. Soma>Supra now :P

Update:

Okay i just ran a Mercury mission with it and i can say i was wrong. This is not an Assault Rifle, this a Light Machinegun.

This is basicly a lighter Gorgon and heavier Grakata. It even has a tiny wind up time to get faster, but allready starts out quick.

Essentialy it overshadows the Grakata in magazine size, damage and especialy crit chance. The crit also makes it overshadow the Gorgon a lot.

Overall, so far it's actualy a quite great gun. Only problem is the insane ammo waste like with Gorgon and Grakata.

Seeing it as LMG also means we can't compare it to the Braton, which means i will have to wait a bit longer for a heavier assault rifle. Dunno if the Braton Prime counts though.

Also seeing it as LMG, actualy makes the magazine less stupid looking, since it now resembles the Bren machine gun from WWII. Though the Bren had it's iron sight as the side of the gun because of the central magazine, while the Soma has it still in the center of the gun.

However seeing how most magazines in Warfame are designed, it kind of sticks out for being so damn huge and external.

Space Ninja Magic i guess.

Edited by Othergrunty

Update:

Okay i just ran a Mercury mission with it and i can say i was wrong. This is not an Assault Rifle, this a Light Machinegun.

This is basicly a lighter Gorgon and heavier Grakata. It even has a tiny wind up time to get faster, but allready starts out quick.

Essentialy it overshadows the Grakata in magazine size, damage and especialy crit chance. The crit also makes it overshadow the Gorgon a lot.

Overall, so far it's actualy a quite great gun. Only problem is the insane ammo waste like with Gorgon and Grakata.

Seeing it as LMG also means we can't compare it to the Braton, which means i will have to wait a bit longer for a heavier assault rifle. Dunno if the Braton Prime counts though.

Also seeing it as LMG, actualy makes the magazine less stupid looking, since it now resembles the Bren machine gun from WWII. Though the Bren had it's iron sight as the side of the gun because of the central magazine, while the Soma has it still in the center of the gun.

However seeing how most magazines in Warfame are designed, it kind of sticks out for being so damn huge and external.

Space Ninja Magic i guess.

Looks more like the Japanese Type 99 to me.

Okay I want to get this weapon, but I'm too scared. I have a feeling that this weapon is going to get nerfed. Maybe a 20% crit chance, and 200-250% crit damage. I think I should hold off on getting it.

But MAN do I want this weapon though! People are not giving it enough credit.

Okay I want to get this weapon, but I'm too scared. I have a feeling that this weapon is going to get nerfed. Maybe a 20% crit chance, and 200-250% crit damage. I think I should hold off on getting it.

But MAN do I want this weapon though! People are not giving it enough credit.

Yup pretty much i sence a Nerfhammer into critical damage more than the critical chance or even worse in both stats.

10% of them wait 12hrs later  to see forum posts to see if the weapon is good and then talk about it.

DING DING DING! WE HAVE A WINNER!

Seriously this is what I do with every weapon. Except for the Dual Vasto. I didn't really care, yea my acrid is so sexy and blah blah blah... But the Dual Vasto are just aesthetically pleasing to me.

Using the DPS calculator in the Players Helping Players section, the Soma, when fully modded with a crit build is on par with the Supra for a fully modded rainbow build. In fact, it is probably better since it has 2 V polarities and the elemental damage is reduced at higher levels. Soma>Supra now :P

Yeah, but you're permanently stuck with crit mods to carry it.

Why? aren't the other weapons permanently stuck with rainbow builds?

I'm just happy I can use my rifle crit mods again to start with. They were pretty much dead weight after the grakata nerf.

Well, not really, bows and snipers make a decent use of the critical builds, especially in high levels where you just need raw AP damage. What really doesn't have critical uses are secondaries (because of lowish crit stats and weaker crit mods) and melee weapons (because of the insanely low crit chance mod).

Edited by CubedOobleck

Okay so can we lay out the pros and cons of this weapon?

Pros:                                                                                                  Cons:

- Amazing critical chance                                                                   - Reload speed of 3 not sure how this will work out

- Amazing critical damage                                                                  - Pretty much forced to use VS and PS so less room

- Large Clip size                                                                                 - This things ammo will be DRAINED quickly

- Doesn't require a mastery rank (yet maybe?)                                  -

- Comes with 2 polarity slots!                                                             -

- Amazing accuracy                                                                            -

Anyone want to add anything else?

Either the bp credit amount needs to be dropped or the soma needs to be buffed,but take your time DE,you guys had a long night!

Soma is one of the most powerful primaries in the game, has no rank requirement, and is not that expensive.

So what?

The end result is still the Soma being the most powerful automatic.

The only mods they are stuck with is damage, multishot and possibly AP if the weapons needs it. Soma needs them just as badly on top of crit mods.

Again, so what?

You have room for serration, split chamber, shred, hammer shot, vital sense, point strike, piercing hit, and one more for a bane or whatever your target is weak against.

Soma crit build: 18347 dps (19695 dps with 90% elemental mod instead Hammer Shot)

Supra full elemental build: 14207 dps

so.. yeah

And btw used Shred in these calculations instead Speed Trigger.

And acrid still poops all over that. How about thinking "general balance" instead of comparing two guns.

Soma crit build: 18347 dps (19695 dps with 90% elemental mod instead Hammer Shot)

Having everything stunned all the time is worth the minor damage loss.

Actually, against high armor foes, hammer shot + piercing hit is probably still better for damage.

And acrid still poops all over that. How about thinking "general balance" instead of comparing two guns.

Well, Acrid is Acrid, and a secondary.

Soma fills the same niche Supra and Gorgon; probably even Grataka, Braton, and every other automatic primary, and does so better than all of these weapons.

The "general balance" issue is that Soma renders at least half a dozen primaries obsolete.

Edited by Saenol

Soma fills the same niche Supra and Gorgon; probably even Grataka, Braton, and every other automatic primary, and does so better than all of these weapons.

The "general balance" issue is that Soma renders at least half a dozen primaries obsolete.

DE will most likely fix supra, but gorgon is unlikely to get buffed and is more likely going to be replaced by random future heavy gun.