Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changes Made To Stamina Make Movement Clunky And Tedious

litlit

I'm having a difficult time trying to be constructive and polite here.

The changes to stamina are simply awful. They are atrocious. A delay before recharge, and a slower regen rate? Are you kidding me? Melee is underpowered enough as it is, and you're also making movement feel more like a chore, less fluid and free. I cannot fathom what your intent was, DE, but whatever you're trying to do just stop. Change it back, please.

edit: Or make running not drain stamina

Edited by litlit

Agreed. In an attempt to make Stamina an integral part of the game, they cut off a bit in the aspects that made the ninja moves fun, which we could pull off without much issues/effort, and without using mod space for Stamina mods.

It's true it makes those mods more useful, but the way that it almost breaks the flow of maneuver and combat almost requires you to use those mods, just so you can play like before.

I might be exaggerate things of course, but I do feel it's affecting my experience personally.

Edited by Casardis

They made Stamina mod's more useful as before hardly anyone used them, that's all i can think for it.

I had everything in the game prior to reset, now i got nearly everything again, in all this time invested, i've used mobility mods maybe twice, they are maxed out for me, now i might actually want one from time to time.

"movement feels more like a chore" agreed. Unless you intend to put more mod slots in to allow us to stock up on extra stamina mods as-well as our damage ones, I don't fully understand what you guys were thinking in nerfing stamina 6 feet into the ground. (Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it will make more since once I review all of this in the morning, but as of right now.. Jesus its painful to run ANYWHERE in the game right now. Feel like just walking instead of having to run what feels like 3 feet, then wait for your stamina to slowly regenerate. )

I had one from the top stamina regen, still felt clunky with my Ash. Ash, who is supposed to be the most agile in terms of mobility. I can understand the push to getting people to use stamina mods, but no. Just, no. If the previous value was too high, this is WAY to slow.

The delay plus a reduced regen? Get rid of the delay and increase it to 1.5 times faster whatever it is now. Should be a fair compromise between what people  want and what DE was pushing for (I think the speed before was about 1.2x faster because it seemed to regen now as it did before without the mod) so this brings us *nearly* to what the previous value was.

They made Stamina mod's more useful as before hardly anyone used them, that's all i can think for it.

You mean "mandatory", right? I slapped on a rank 6 Marathon, and my Excalibur only runs for about as long as he could UNMODDED yesterday.

I'm not impressed.

Oh my goodness. lol.

Just did first mission after the update on my Rhino where I had to constantly walk after a brief run sprint! lol

Boy, I made the mistake of running *and* jumping on occasion! phew!

Wow. That was horrendous.

I fully agree with all previous comments. I am astounded at the change.

It is so bad I can't help but laugh and log off for now. The single most awesome thing I always loved about this game was its fast paced fluid movement and combat system! Boy that's gone now. haha. Catch you guys later I guess! 

Well yeah, those mods are definitely more "useful" now... because they #*($%%@ up movement.

Who cares if they want their system to be "more significant"? It's ruining a system that was perfectly fine before in an effort to make people care about a system -- blocking -- that they put into the game ages ago without even bothering to finish.

Want to make blocking a thing? Fine. Do it in a way that doesn't detract from the movement mechanics.

Whoever thought stuff like "you can run like a ninja" or "you can block stuff like a ninja" needed to be mods that take up mod slots rather than...I dunno, integral parts of the game that every frame can do innately needs to be fired out of a cannon. Into a star.

On the opposite end of the galaxy.

Edited by RealityMachina

It is so bad I can't help but laugh and log off for now. The single most awesome thing I always loved about this game was its fast paced fluid movement and combat system! Boy that's gone now. haha. Catch you guys later I guess! 

Whoever thought stuff like "you can run like a ninja" or "you can block stuff like a ninja" needed to be mods that take up mod slots rather than...I dunno, integral parts of the game that every frame can do innately needs to be fired out of a cannon. Into a star.

Yes, exactly!

Edited by litlit

i just did a few nightmare levels and found the new stamina system to be so nerf'd i couldnt sprit anywhere (even to safety) i felt like i had to walk everywhere which felt so slow, i even failed 2 wall runs due to running out of stamina mid wall run, now i feel like i have to have all the movemnet mods on my rhino just to move like i could before (which means removing mods that help me stay alive) and as for the recharge rate its way too slow for ppl like me who like jumping and diving during combat and is it just me or does it not recharge now during a slide like before, please DE change it back i loved the fact that for the first time in ages it felt like a was playing a fast paced shooter like say UT2k4 and not a CoD clone

100x this.

After playing one mission, I want to pull my hair out from being unable to move faster than a snail. And, I also felt that the new block-related mods just seemed pointless as mods. After all the talk of making a better stamina system, I'm sorely disappointed.

Let rushers rush, I really don't care.

Edited by Ailith

Agreed, Yuzxy.

I feel like a fat, out-of-shape space marine, not a super fast/agile space ninja.

This stamina update is disgusting and it killed the pace of the game.

Note: I always use stamina mods on my frames anyways because I liked the mobility. Now I have almost no mobility even with stamina mods.

Edited by DB-Tenno

Instead of trying to fix a really bad mechanic, why don't they remove it? Stamina should not be in a game like this except for maybe blocking when that gets buffed even more. I am a super-powerful Tenno that can murder 1000s of enemies without a care or a scratch, yet I can't run 30 meters without puffing like a locomotive and having to sit down and take a short nap to recover? Not cool. I bought scarves for my Frost, played a single mission and said screwwwwwwww this, and logged out.