Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cosmetic fixes: bugs and quality of life additions

Joltyboi

okay, so i want to go over a few cosmetic fixes i think warframe needs, mainly issues and bugs that need to be fixed, but also a few suggestions that i hope i can do a good job of explaining (and sorry in advance that thisll probably end up being a huge topic just because of the size of the pictures im linking, i tried shrinking them in paint but they got pixelated, you can see that with the first picture i used)

okay, so first things first, syandanas, you know how we have amazing syandanas like the icarius syandana? how they look AMAZING when youre on your ship, being fully open and glorious, like on the left of this picture, but are actually closed all the time when you get into a mission unless you bullet jump, like on the right of the picture?dragon_wings_open_and_closed.png

i can understand why they did this, if your aiming it could get in the way, but its annoying, especially when your flying around as zepyhyr and they close up mid-flight, and as much as i love them... the vetala shoulder plates are probably worse for getting in your way while aiming than any of the syandanas in the game apart from the sari syandana

heres my idea on what should be done instead: its simple, instead of making it so they only ever open up to how they should be when you bullet jump, make it so theyre open all the time, and only close up when your aiming down the sights, that way we get these cool looking big syandanas that look how we want them to all the time, and only fold up to let us aim properly when we arent exactly gonna be looking at them, and if there are people who like the folded up versions of these syandanas, just make it a button you can toggle on the syandana customisation screen to switch between them being folded up all the time minus bullet jumps or being open all the time unless youre aiming your weapon

my next point about syandanas is this

box_boi.png

need i say more about what the issue is? its positioned way, WAY to far from her back, i like to look at this as a backpack, cause lets face it, when its closed up like this (with how syandanas like this work with only opening when you bullet jump) thats what it is, but that idea instantly goes out the window and it looks more like someone stabbed you in the back with a metal box, so what do i think should be done about this? let us position syandanas on our backs like how we can position weapons with the weapon holster animations, just add a few sliders, and the ability to flip/"mirror" the models and not only will it be a solution for stuff like this, we can better fashionframe for frames like excal umbra if we wanna use a syandana that only covers one side of the back but just so happens to be the side the scarf comes from, like the prime syandana that came with chroma prime

alright, next is operator cosmetics, and i can summarise what needs to change with one picture (the left picture was taken with my phone)before_and_after.jpg

WHY?! the left picture is from my PS4 before fortuna, the right is on PC after fortuna, even if they had a good reason to mess with positioning and sizes of the other operator cosmetics that came before fortuna, there is no possible good reason for them to have intentionally changed the skirt model from this chest piece! it looks broken, glitched, a broken mess, the only way you can tell it used to be the skirt from that chest piece is, funnily enough, the one thing i never liked about it, those grey bags that are on the skirt (and what REALLY bugs me is the chest piece and skirt is from the same set onko wears in cetus, yet it hasnt been affected on him, it still looks how it used to, how the skirt on the left picture looks)

from my understanding none of the operator cosmetics that were changed after fortuna had their model screwed over like this one did, i love that its its own separate piece now, being able to be used with any operator torso cosmetic, but for the love of GOD revert this things model to what it previously was DE! i understand more important gameplay changes come first, but its been ages since fortuna came out and this still isnt fixed, i just at least want confirmation that this is a bug and will be resolved eventually, and while im here, ide like to point out the changes made to the gauntlets as well, i want the huge cloth piece back, nuff said (also, while being extremely minor, theres a difference or two in the boots and hood as well)

now i do have a solution for this as well, itll please people who liked how the operator stuff looked before fortuna, people who prefer the way they look after fortuna changed them, and people who, like me, have certain things from both before and after fortuna that they like: just make it so you can choose between the two by ticking a box in the operator cosmetic customisation, and i dont just mean "your stuck with one or the other", i mean when your selecting a cosmetic to use you can check a box that will change the individual cosmetic slot to have them look how they did before, or after fortuna, because there are a few changes fortuna made to operator cosmetics i like, the vahd greaves, i love the way the picture showed them, but when you put them on your operator it made it look like your operator had fat legs, and i hated that, fortunas update fixed that, so thats something ide like to keep if i ever used them, but say i wanted to use the vahd greaves with the ceno apparel, (the skirt in the picture) ide want to use the model it had before fortuna, while ide want the vahd greaves to look how they do now

last thing here, my last change is the colouring of cosmetics, and once again, i have pictures to prove my pointoh_god_why.png

why are the pants on my operator using white on the biggest part of them when white is my tertiary colour? and why are my warframes shoulder pieces using pink as their primary colour when its the tertiary colour? when im fashionframing or making my operator look fancy shmancy i want consistency, not to have one of the cosmetics i want to get for my operator be completely opposite colour wise from the other cosmetics i wanna get, which all take black as the primary colour, and same goes for warframe attachments to

what i have in mind to fix this is for warframe attackments/armour pieces, let us colour those individually, let me colour my right shoulder piece differently from my left, let me colour my chest piece and leg pieces differently, that way if im using armour pieces that all take the same colour in the right places, then use one different one, like the provvok shoulder guard, that ends up putting the colours in the wrong areas and has the wrong colours being the most prominent i can change them, this, again, would also make fashionframe better

same thing for the operator, let me colour different operator cosmetics differently, if i could colour those pants differently from the rest of my operators cosmetics i could easily sort out the issue of them being mostly white when the white is supposed to be a tertiary colour, and, once again, would be a nice addition to the level of customisation we already have in the game

theres all the issues i have with these cosmetics and all the solutions i came up with, i hope DE sees this and considers it because while obviously cosmetics dont affect the gameplay in any way, these things seriously bug me and i doubt im the only one who gets bugged by them, or other cosmetic issues, either

Edited by Joltyboi

16 hours ago, DIVOMER said:

I agree with you 100%. Really like your idea about the syandana's and i hope DE put it ingame

i actually cant take credit for coming up with the syandana thing, i saw someone mention it as an idea in a post i saw about that same syandana, i just couldnt leave a good idea like that out of this post