Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Terran Trencher needs adjusting

(PSN)RPG_lord

Ok so, I just went to farm some toroids at the Enrichment labs for Vox Solaris and I’ve now come to despise the thought of the trenchers. Here are the issues I have with them and some potential changes.

1: They instantly dash to you at seemingly light speed from half way across a compound. This isn’t the worst part though and can be left as is. The worst part comes in the form of the Nullifier Bubble that can be bestowed upon them.

as such, out of nowhere you can lose your buffs, take heavy damage AND be sent to orbit Thank to him. A potential adjustment to this would be to prevent him being able to get this shield as it is nigh on impossible to dodge losing your buffs and serves to make fighting irritating beyond belief.

2: As I mentioned before, the Knockback is insane from these guys and can’t hey can do it nigh on instantly and spam it unlike more balanced enemies like the basic shockwave Moa.

an adjustment I’d suggest would be one to reduce the knockback. As it stands they treat you like a pinball so reducing this may be helpful. Of course their frequency can be left as is in that case.

• Like 1

I'd just get rid of the Nullifier shields being castable by shield ospreys entirely and replace it with a dedicated Nullifier enemy.

It's everything bad about nullifiers but none of the good stuff - they're quick, small, and automatically affect multiple targets. That's most of the Counterplay options to deal with Nullifiers completely gone.

Instead of reducing the knockback, I'd instead give it a cooldown, or a longer startup. If possible, maybe a system that limits how many Trenchers can charge a single player at once as well?

• Like 1

Well as for the shield part, I was trying to think of a compromise instead of asking DE to scrap an entire concept which has had work put into it. The shields themselves I’ve found aren’t too bad on anything BUT the Trenchers due to their insane speed.

And with the Trenchers cooldown idea, that could certainly be another possibility as I’ve had Trenchers charge me 5 times back to back to back. The same one every time so I think that could work too.

I use their knock back against them. When I hear the audio cues for an incoming jetpack/slam attack I just jump > get a knock up instead of a knock back > aim down sites > headshot the trencher as I float to the ground. 

Otherwise they land, knock you back, then melee you. Then you're stunned and are in serious trouble.

The nully osprey should not be able project that nully field. It should be removed, 100% trash.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)RPG_lord said:

Well as for the shield part, I was trying to think of a compromise instead of asking DE to scrap an entire concept which has had work put into it. The shields themselves I’ve found aren’t too bad on anything BUT the Trenchers due to their insane speed.

I have to disagree. You have to consider the breadth of playtypes, and whilst buffer frames are just dandy, any frame that relies on wide area CC or  damage abilities are out of luck far, far more than with regular nullifiers, since those are at least slow giving you a period of time to identify them before they appear on top of you. Especially considering that the Nully-drone shield can switch rapidly and thus appear out of basically nowhere, that's not how Nully-drones work.

1 minute ago, H0B0Z said:

I use their knock back against them. When I hear the audio cues for an incoming jetpack/slam attack I just jump > get a knock up instead of a knock back > aim down sites > headshot the trencher as I float to the ground. 

This is why I want the frequency reduced, not the knockback. Some of the most satisfying stuff in OV, and one of the best enemy interactions in the game, when you actually get the chance to pull it off and aren't instead being treated like a shiny football.

OV gets a lot right (outside of nullifier drones) in the broad strokes, but it's devils are in the details. A lot of devils, as there's a lot of details I take issue with.

The biggest problem is, if you point out one aspect of one enemy that could be tuned; people get excited like you're asking for an across the board nerf to Orb Vallis. I know there was a lot of noise after release and DE nerfed, then rolled that nerf back. Does that mean nothing needs to be tweaked?

"But muh challenge. Get gud."