Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SUGGESTION: Melee 3.0

Arjora

Hello everyone, hello DE team I would like to post my suggestion regarding the latest melee 3.0 news or meele 2.(9) 
I know the purpose of this patch is to "merge the power/gun/blade, to bring them closer" as Steve said.
On this current build(Warframe build) this is what I have as a strategy to shoot and melee while shooting I just bound my quick melee action on mouse wheel up and mouse wheel down, and my left mouse button is left for shooting and right mouse button bullet jump. (I can fire my gun while spam mouse wheel)
When I switch to melee mode (hold down the switch button in my case Q) I have my left mouse button as my melee attack action and my right mouse button for block action. As for channeling I rarely use it (only for lifesteal builds), I think is a wise decision to get rid of this old unused mechanic.
In the meele mode, u can tap of the button as a quick attack action and held attack button as a heavy attack action.

These changes will also impact the naramon tree as u have mentioned the heavy meele will cost us combo points (i think it will need a buff), also I don't like the idea that my attacks will be dependent on a resource pool, in this case, combo points (is like munition but for melee which is absurd). I think in fact this should be opposite, by doing the actual combos specified in stances mods you will gain a bonus in combo points not by mindlessly smashing the meele button and from time to time use the heavy attack when u have built enough combo points. I want to have the liberty to swing how I want. (pun intended )
I think you should unveil more about the melee system as blind faith was never my strong suit.
As for now, I am pretty happy where warframe is and keep doing what you do :)

Edited by Tolmanji