Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Invulnerability", Archguns, normal weapons and their interaction.

Kainosh

This got real messed up....

Archguns can pierce "invulnerability" armor of Profit-taker, that cant be damaged by any other weapon.... But for some reason cant deal with Jackal's "invulnerability".....Even though Jackal is much smaller and certainly cant posess better armor. Same goes for Hek's Drone form...Its completely invulnerable to Archguns...Meanwhile Terra Frame (2nd stage) can be damaged by normal guns....

Need a proper "system" i think.  Coz it feels off now. Inconsistent.

My suggestion (simplified) 

"Invulnerability" (certain enemy phases) turns into "Heavy armor" (massive damage reduction).  "Vehicle" damage resistance type added.

Weapons are separated into 3 "subclasses" :  Anti-personnel, Launcher, Archgun (anti-tank)

• Anti-personnel =  Deals Full damage to infantry/weakspots.  Deals reduced damage to Vehicles. Deals greatly reduced damage to Heavy armor.
  • Launchers (Anything that fires rockets/grenades) = Deals Full damage to infantry.  Deals Full damage to Vehicles.  Deals greatly reduced damage to Heavy armor.
  • Archgun = Kills infantry instantly with lots of gore (direct hits).  Deals Full damage to Heavy armor and Vehicles. Deals extra damage to weakspots.

Infantry -  Human-sized targets. 
Vehicles - All transport and Turrets (ramparts).

That is how it should be IMO.        Full invulnerability should activate ONLY for specific animations.

How to treat Hek:

Hek's Drone should utilise Vehicle resistance type + Weakspots.    We can skip him anyways.  Noone would care if Drone phase got weaker.    Terra frame remains unchanged... (Tho i would buff it to Heavy armor + Weakspots if possible).  

• Like 1