Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stamina Changes : Melee Did Not Need This Nerf.

Brimir

I have 2 other weapons to play with.

That is, essentially, the problem.

Melee is already the gimp class when it comes to weapons. It goes

Secondaries>Primaries--------------------------------->Melee

It did not deserve this indirect nerf at all.

Hey guys, there's a really funky melee mod that regens a (big) % amount of stamina on melee kill. It dropped for me and I am so looking forward to trying it out :-D

Also, if you cannot possibly sacrifice a mod slot on your melee weapon you can use quick rest on your warframe and you will be able to fly around pretty much the same as previously. Except now it's interesting, because the choice of how you want to handle your stamina is in your hands!

I don't see a problem. Just means that you have to vary your gameplay a little to make it work. My Rhino is less effecient at rushing now, and nonestop melee combat, but it hardly ruins the game for me :P I have 2 other weapons to play with.

That is the problem

Secondaries >>> Primaries >> Melee.

And using mods to fix the situation is NOTHING but a band aid.

Consider this, PRE-NERF, I am already using quick rest on Loki, Ash and Nyx.

Without a re-direction mod.

Now they are not much faster than a U9 Loki / Ash / Nyx without said mod.

That is a huge nerf and for me to gain any noticeable gain in speed, i need to use another mod.

And no 2nd wind does not work against bosses.

Edited by fatpig84

See I don't get why there should be any Stamina at all. I mean you are a Cyborg Space ninja! Dude! and it's Sci fi! I play these sci fi games for them to be fun, not realistic. If I wanted realistic I'd get deployed across seas to war again. Honestly I was ok with the previous stamina, but I don't see a real need for it. Ninjas alone are badass, Cyborgs are badass, and now it's both worlds combined in space. Hell Ya!

Hey guys, there's a really funky melee mod that regens a (big) % amount of stamina on melee kill. It dropped for me and I am so looking forward to trying it out :-D

Also, if you cannot possibly sacrifice a mod slot on your melee weapon you can use quick rest on your warframe and you will be able to fly around pretty much the same as previously. Except now it's interesting, because the choice of how you want to handle your stamina is in your hands!

Yeah, but you don't need to sacrifice a mod slot on your secondary or primary, and my frame is loaded out on health and shield mods. Melee is the best part of the game for me. It'd be nice if there was a way to have the sentinel recharge your stamina.

No previously the stamina mods like marathon and quick rest were a choice, now they are mandatory.  Pretty much the exact opposite of the intended design for mods.  If they want people to use a varied mod set-up on warframes this was a bad move.

YEAH i have loadouts... but now it doesn't matter because I'm going to have stamina and quick rest on all the time.

Not to mention I have already gotten in trouble with stamina when I didn't have those mods on, soloing infested nightmare. 

Edited by Wahooo

No previously the stamina mods like marathon and quick rest were a choice, now they are mandatory.  Pretty much the exact opposite of the intended design for mods.  If they want people to use a varied mod set-up on warframes this was a bad move.

YEAH i have loadouts... but now it doesn't matter because I'm going to have stamina and quick rest on all the time.

Not to mention I have already gotten in trouble with stamina when I didn't have those mods on, soloing infested nightmare.

I think that is kind of opposite.

Before, we didn't need these stamina-related mods and we questioned why should they existed.

Now, their value are higher with the stamina nerf. Players have to start making choice about sacrificing part of their frames' capability for mobility.

I think DE is moving toward build-based meta game with loadout and this stamina change. Noticing that each frame has three loadout available. One for tank, one for power, and one for mobility.

Now, their value are higher with the stamina nerf. Players have to start making choice about sacrificing part of their frames' capability for mobility.
Next up, players will have to start making choices between using a Primary, Secondary, or Melee!BECAUSE CHOICE IS GOOD NO MATTER THE COST!