Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tower Defence Idea

Zyga21

Hey, just was playing a defence map like a few days ago and had a lot of fun placing the syndicate guys and my spectre in good spots to just do the defence for me. Why isn't this a real game mode in the game, like hidden away for people to enjoy? (but not be forced to do)

Just as a simple outline for how it could work in warframe;

1: Allow players to deploy 1 of each rarity of spectre to allow for a little bit of customization.
2: Remove weapons from the player
3: Reduce the power of abilities to deal 0 damage
4: Have it be a maze or the normal defence mission, both are totally fine.
5. Have enemies drop energy on death which can be used to buy units, like moas or syndicate units from your faction(s) (& increase energy cap for players by like 2000% so they can hold it all)

5.1 disable auras, or enable them for all units/spectres so that energy siphon isn't just dominant
6. Give some decent rewards so that it isn't a complete waste of time
7. Increase the difficulty with more players (1x, 2.5x, 4x, 5.5x more enemies, or more damage, or something to counter balance the diverse movesets of frames/spectres)

8. maybe have it be in the rotation of fissures?

I don't really know, but I would love to see this in warframe, the parts are all here, it just would take a bit of effort from DE to make it a fully fleshed out thing rather than just a minigame to play when I get a defence syndicate mission.

As for the imbalance of frames: I think that since it's a PVE type of content it shouldn't matter much. Yes, trinity would be great for farming money(energy), no that shouldn't really be a problem (have you ever used a trin specter? she doesnt even use her 2 that much anyway). Yes there will be some godawful frames to use, but that's also part of the fun is making it work regardless of power. There might be some things which need a little tweak, like a loki/nezha instead of being a "tower" being a moving unit on the field, but these would be minor tweaks at most just to make them workable.

uh, comment if you hate it, silently nod your head if you think this would be cool, or like be nice and say something. idk. I don't use the forums that often, is this where I beg for people to subscribe and hit that notification button?

Edited by Zyga21
needed note
  • Like 1

This sounds pretty neat actually. I'd imagine making a game mode similar to this wouldn't be too difficult.

It'd probably be good as a minigame sort of like Happy Zephyr, Wyrmius or Frame Fighter. Something players can mess around with in their ludoplex occasionally.

Solid overall!

Dunno, i am thinking about how a good Towerdefense might look like in Warframe for a long time too because i love that gamemode.

I see one problem with your idea, and that is the AI....

Specters are so freaking stupid sometimes that i really dont want to rely on them 100% in a gamemode in order to suceed.

Besides that, people already tend to get nervous when a Wave in Defense takes 2 minutes instead of 1,

so imagine those people having to watch their specters kill everything which might take a lot more time 😀

19 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

Dunno, i am thinking about how a good Towerdefense might look like in Warframe for a long time too because i love that gamemode.

I see one problem with your idea, and that is the AI....

Specters are so freaking stupid sometimes that i really dont want to rely on them 100% in a gamemode in order to suceed.

Besides that, people already tend to get nervous when a Wave in Defense takes 2 minutes instead of 1,

so imagine those people having to watch their specters kill everything which might take a lot more time 😀

I mean, thats why I figured it would be best to be optional, I know not everyone would like it.
As for the specters though, sure they're dumb, but that's the point.... what TD game has a smart tower? they just shoot what they can and use their abilities when they can