The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Spotify compatibility issues

SnowyGreyish

I've been listening to music on the streaming service Spotify for Windows while gaming and there are some issues between playing Warframe and listening to Spotify in the background. I normally run the game in 1920x1080 fullscreen-mode.

Using the keyboard default media shortcuts such as fast forward, pause, raise/lower/mute volume, will often leave a box in the top left corner of the screen for 5 seconds (a normal part of Spotify outside of Warframe), but apparently interactable inside Warframe even though not visible. If this invisible area is clicked, the game might minimize, crash or outright interact with the Spotify app.

The 'Leave Group' button, coincidentally is near the top area of the volume bar in this invisible clickable area, which have a couple of times caused the volume to change from my normal 14-22% volume to 88-98% volume at the end of a mission. (usually causing a period afterwards of tinnitus when it happen)

My personal guess after witnessing it several times, I'd say Spotify and Warframe battle on who has the priority overlay/which window is in focus.

Below is an image of the Spotify overlay, in this case brought up after pausing a track while on the forum website.

screen.jpg