Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Time to change Valkyr?

DerGreif2

11 hours ago, (NSW)Zakharias said:

I just want more shields or health (she is a tank) and another passive like a variation of the “anger restore” you mentioned.

Sie dont need shields. She is a health and armor heavy frame. Shields would do nothing for her. And yes every good berserker has an anger restore 🙂

On 2019-02-24 at 2:30 PM, DerGreif2 said:

Hello there,

I dont know why but Valkyr is my favorite Warframe. Its one of the first Warframes I farmed the primed version for and since then I played her in all kinds of missions. But then I played other frames and Valkyr started to feel... not so special anymore. She is a melee frame but in the end she just gets more attack speed out of weapons and even then they bug out if you use to much power on her. So there is no real reason to play her. So lets begin with the problems.

Her 1: I dont know but I heard that in the past there where no such things as bullet jump or so. It came later. I have the feeling that her 1 is a relict out of that time where mobility was not so common. What I want so say is that her one is obsolete. You never use it. Vs enemies its a single target CC that more or less ragdolls the body across the room and for mobility you have wallcilmb and bullet jump that dont even cost energy and are better to control.

I think its about time that she gets some kind of a "anger restore" ability where she stores damage dealt to her over a time (like 15 seconds) and then gets a general damage and movement speed buff which gets stronger if you lose more health (also about 15 seconds long). Every 100 maybe +25% damage and +15% movement speed.

Then her 2. All in all its just a armor and melee speed buff. And the melee speed bonus is often bugged if you have to much power. I would change the speed to a simple melee attack bonus. That would make her the ultimate melee frame. We have mods like Berserker and Primed Fury that makes a speed buff often times just so fast that it bugs out and then... I would suggest give her a flat melee damage buff and remove the attack speed. Other wise it is fine.

Her 3... I dont really know why you would use a short distance CC that uses your shields as a resource. Finishers? Thats all it is used for. You dont really need that if you just could kill it with your melee weapon as a melee. You could use a dagger and CL to insta kill it yes... but then why use Valkyr in the first place for that?

I would suggest a leap to get into melee range like garudas 1. A simple jump with a cost of 15 or 20 energy and a rihno like shockwave that deals no damage but nocks enemies down in a 5 meter radius. That would help her to get into action pretty fast. Maybe a base range of 20m would be acceptable.

Her 4 would stay the same.

I really like Valkyr and I hope that DE revisits her. It is time to make her a true berserker and show the other frames what a melee based frame CAN do!

Thanks for reading.

I'm going to chime in on this as a off and on player, but a dedicated Valkyr main (nearly 50% total playtime in Warframe resides between Valkyr and Valkyr Prime). So firstly I want to say up front that, for the most part, Valkyr is the only reason that I come back to play this game when I do. I love her, how she plays, her aesthetics, everything about her I adore and there isn't much I would change about her. So what I would do with her is as follows;

1. Obsolete. The time it takes to aim and fire Rip Cord would be better spent simply bullet jumping to that same target, and since you're often in melee as Valkyr anyways, much more effective as that enemy is likely to be near others. Personally, I would like to see something similar in intent to Mesa's 1 and your suggestion. Upon first activation of 1 it would begin storing a percentage of the damage Valkyr receives, up to a cap (just like Mesa 1 caps out). Once 100% charge is reached 1 can be reactivated to grant Valkyr a percentile damage buff for a duration. I'm thinking something like 25% damage increase per 50% Strength. So 100% baseline would be 50% buff, 200% would be 100% buff, etc.

2. Untouched. Valkyr's Warcry is such a wonderful and amazing skill and it, along with her 4, is really what completely defines her as a frame. I personally run high Strength builds on Valkyr and have never once had the melee speed buff glitch out, and furthermore I think keeping it as an attack speed buff is much better than the given suggestion as that allows you to skip attack speed mods on your melee weapon, since you will be keeping 100% or near 100% uptime on Warcry due to Eternal War.

3. I have always liked the idea for a leap on her 3, since we all know that Hysterical Assault is worthless because of its reliance on Range, a stat that Valkyr doesn't ever even consider touching. Even moreso due to the fact that Paralysis is only ever useful against the Grineer Nox enemies to force them into a finisher state and allow you to completely ignore hitting thier head, which in and of itself isn't a very difficult thing to do anyways; making Paralysis mostly pointless and almost never used.

4. Untouched. As previously said, Valkyr's 2 and 4 are her defining factors, and currently they work about as well as they possibly could. So both Hysteria and Warcry should be left as is, as I believe that they are in the best state that they could be in currently.

Finally, there is one other change that I would give to Valkyr; regarding her base stats. The 150 shield that she has is, frankly, worthless. Not only does such a tiny shield give no benefit, it actively hinders her. Valkyr is a frame quite famous for her use of Rage due to how Hysteria works, and you can't get Rage procs from damage done to shields. As such I would remove her 150 shield and give her an additional 200-300 max HP, which would put her around the 1,050 range for max HP with a maxed out Vitality. This, added onto the fact that with a high Strength build her Warcry can allow her to achieve 3,000 armor and 90% damage reduction, will give Valkyr a good beefy state to allow her to function even better as a melee frame. And if we're being honest, it doesn't make much sense for the berserker frame to have a shield in the first place. A berserker doesn't want to have a shield to block damage for them; they want to be in the midst of the bloodshed slaughtering their enemies.

Edited by Illyia